'''Basic Trope''': A character who is extremely strong, but slow.
* '''Straight''': Tom is an extremely strong fighter, but moves very slowly.
* '''Exaggerated''': Tom can punch through a tank, but takes an hour to cross the street.
** Tom is extremely strong but is actually also fast. However, he lacks the agility to make good use of his speed.
** Tom is quite fast...but not as fast as other characters in the setting who are known to be exceptionally fast.
** All that muscle in Tom's body is slowing him down.
** Tom comes from a martial arts school that focuses on strength at the expense of speed.
** Tom uses the heaviest weaponry. It's impossible to move quickly with all of that gear.
** Tom is a superhero whose special ability grants him great strength at the cost of great speed.
** Tom has a bad leg, preventing him from moving quickly.
* '''Inverted''': A character who is very fast, but physically weak.
** Tom looks like he'd be really slow with all that muscle and gear, but then he [[LightningBruiser sprints towards his opponent]].
* '''Double Subverted''':
** ...For about five feet before becoming exhausted.
* '''Zig Zagged''': Tom upgrades his strength, but realizes he is becoming to slow. After upgrading his speed enough, he goes back to upgrading his strength. The cycle repeats from there.
* '''Averted''': Tom is not particularly strong or slow.
* '''Enforced''': "For balance, we'll need someone to contrast the fast but weak Luke."
* '''Lampshaded''': "You think that with all the training Tom does, he'd focus a bit on his speed."
* '''Invoked''': Tom is entering a lifting competition where speed is unnecessary. So he only improves his strength.
* '''Exploited''': Tom often uses his strength to catch Mooks who think that they can easily fight a slow guy without a problem off guard.
* '''Defied''': "I'll work on my speed, even if it means I'll have to be weak."
* '''Discussed''': "Let's have Tom go in first. He can probably take out all of the guards without a problem. Provided they don't run away first, that is."
* '''Conversed''': "[[TopHeavyGuy Wow, lookit at them guns!"]] "Yeah. Small wonder he's so slow, the muscle tension must be hideous!"
** Tom is killed by [[SuperSpeed Luke]], who enters and exits his range of attack too fast for him to hit them.
** As soon as Luke shoots or stabs a vital area, Tom's strength becomes useless.
** All the strength in the world can't help you if you can't reach your target. Everyone else just goes around Tom rather than even attempting to fight him directly.
** Tom anticipates where Luke will appear and manages to defeat him with a single blow.
** Tom acquires ranged attacks to compensate for his lack of movement speed.
** Tom does not move very fast, but is able to react quickly enough to move so that an otherwise fatal attack hits a non-vital area.
** Tom is more like a walking siege weapon than a human, and is used to destroy important building while his foes are mostly powerless to stop him. He doesn't need to fight them to achieve his goals.
* '''Played For Laughs''': Speedy Luke goes down with a single punch when he enters Tom's attack range. Tom slowly ambles away while whistling a jaunty tune.
* '''Played For Drama''': Tom, unable to simply beat down his faster opponents, is forced to rely on baiting enemies into attacks, carrying out ambushes and, when all else fails, throwing pieces of scenery as improvised weapons. All of Tom's fight scenes involve him taking multiple hits as he struggles to pin down his enemies.
I doubt you could get back to MightyGlacier in five minutes.
%% Optional items, added after Conversed, at your discretion:
%%* '''Implied''': ???
%%* '''Plotted A Good Waste''': ???