'''Basic Trope''': A hungry character hallucinates that another character is a food item.
* '''Straight''': Alex and Bob are trapped on a desert island with no food. The hungry Bob sees Alex as a juicy steak.
* '''Exaggerated''': Bob sees all of his crewmates as food - one's a steak, the other's a beer, another's a slice of cake...
* '''Downplayed''': Bob smells steak when he's starving, and it's coming from Alex's direction.
* '''Justified''': Bob's hungry mind is playing tricks on him.
* '''Inverted''': Bob, an anthropomorphic (and very hungry) steak, sees his buddy Alex as a human.
* '''Subverted''': Bob sees Alex turn into a steak - that's because Alex is a shapeshifter who's using his powers to screw with Bob.
* '''Double Subverted''': But Alex isn't able to turn into food items...
* '''Parodied''': ???
* '''Zig Zagged''': ???
* '''Averted''': Bob is hungry, so his stomach rumbles and he passes out, but that's about it.
* '''Enforced''': ???
* '''Lampshaded''': "The talking steak has a good point. I shouldn't try to eat him."
* '''Invoked''': Alex won't stop talking about the juicy steaks he wants to grill that weekend.
* '''Exploited''': Someone is trying to get Bob and Alex to kill each other, so he's using their starvation against them.
* '''Defied''': "I'm not a steak, dammit. Focus!"
* '''Discussed''': ???
* '''Conversed''': "Why does Bob see Alex as a steak? A hallucination like that would never happen in RealLife!"
Go back to MeatOVision before you see the creator of this page as a yummy sandwich.
%% Optional items, added after Conversed, at your discretion:
%%* '''Implied''': ???
%%* '''Deconstructed''': ???
%%* '''Reconstructed''': ???
%%* '''Plotted A Good Waste''': ???
%%* '''Played For Laughs''': ???
%%* '''Played For Drama''': ???