'''Basic Trope''': A badass character cries, [[MenDontCry and no one complains]].
* '''Straight''': HotBlooded HumongousMecha pilot Bob cries when his sister Alice dies.
** Bob sheds ManlyTears at ''every single emotional moment'' in the story.
** Bob is literally crying over spilled milk, and [[ChewingTheScenery his reaction is so over-the-top]], that if it was taken out of context, you'd swear that he was reacting to his family getting murdered in front of him. [[ElephantInTheLivingRoom Everyone notices, and no one cares.]]
* '''Downplayed''': Bob sheds a SingleTear through the story.
* '''Justified''': Something ''really'' bad has just happened, is happening, or is about to happen. And, yes, men have feelings too.
* '''Inverted''': MenDontCry
** Bob's eyes are watering from seasonal allergies.
** Someone laughed at Bob crying.
* '''Double Subverted''':
** [[SandInMyEyes ...at least, that's what he says.]]
** Only to get [[DudeNotFunny called out harshly]] by his peers.
* '''Parodied''': Someone asks "What's wrong?" and it's shown that Bob is chopping onions.
* '''Zig Zagged''': [[BerserkerTears He cries while performing an incredibly badass feat]].
* '''Averted''': Bob doesn't cry.
* '''Enforced''': It's done to convey [[GutPunch the full-impact of the tragic event]], as the otherwise [[TheStoic collected and level-headed]] Bob reacts to it with a display of genuine emotion.
* '''Lampshaded''': [[WhatTheHellHero "Look what you did! Even Bob's crying!"]]
* '''Invoked''': Alice, the love of Bob's life, [[ADeathInTheLimelight dies suddenly]], just when Bob was going to ask her to marry him.
* '''Exploited''': The BigBad uses the PostRapeTaunt ploy to make [[TheHero Bob]] too upset and emotional to fight him properly.
* '''Defied''': [[MenDontCry Bob doesn't want to be seen as a wuss, so he holds back his tears and feelings, no matter what.]]
* '''Discussed''': ???
* '''Conversed''': "Why did Bob just cry? I thought he was RatedMForManly." "You don't want to know."
** Alice sees Bob crying and [[MenDontCry thinks him less of a man because of it]].
** Bob crying creates a stereotype that all Badasses cry, [[InsaneTrollLogic and ones who don't are not Badass]].
* '''Reconstructed''': ... but Carol likes him more because he can express his emotions.
* '''Played For Laughs''': Alice knew Bob before he TookALevelInBadass. When he cries, she says, "It's good to have the old you back, Bob."
* '''Played For Drama''': Alice and Carol think that Bob was [[BadassBoast faking his manliness]] all this time. As a result, the PowerTrio splits and TheBadGuyWins.
Back to ManlyTears
%% Optional items, added after Conversed, at your discretion:
%%* '''Implied''': ???