'''Basic Trope''': Pants stay intact no matter what changes the character goes through.
* '''Straight''': Bob grows in size, and the pants grow with him.
* '''Exaggerated''': Bob grows to the point where he can toss around planets with his bare hands, and all of his clothes are still there.
* '''Downplayed''': Bob grows a bit. His pants rip, but not too much to protect his modesty.
** Bob is a shapeshifter; he can grow in size, and also appear to have pants on that grow with him.
** Bob is wearing pants that are specifically designed to change its shape so it can remain a fit for Bob, or they are simply stretchy.
** No, seriously. They ''are'' magic pants.
** Bob's pants cause Bob to grow in size, not the other way around.
** Alternatively, Bob's pants grow bigger and bigger until they're the size of a circus tent, but Bob stays the same size.
** Alternatively Bob's pants are loose to start but end up ripping into pieces after Bob only grows a few inches.
** Bob's pants disintegrate for no reason at all.
** EmptyPilesOfClothing. The pants are fine. Bob is ''gone''.
** Bob's pants grow with him...for a few feet, until they rip to shreds.
** The pants survive the transformation, only for the garment in question to be so eye wateringly constricting, Bob performs a BattleStrip.
* '''Double Subverted''':
** However, he had real magic pants on underneath.
** Bob [[ScaledUp Scales Up]], and when he transforms back, his pants and possibly even the rest of his clothing reappear perfectly intact even though they were clearly shown to have been ripped apart earlier.
* '''Parodied''': An episode is entirely devoted to attempts to destroy Bob's pants. [[ThereIsNoKillLikeOverkill Strategic nukes are involved]].
* '''Zig Zagged''': Bob transforms into a monster and his pants rip. Later he transforms and for no apparent reason his clothing stays intact. This continues for no reason at all.
* '''Averted''': Bob grows in size, but his pants do not.
* '''Enforced''': The MoralGuardians will freak out if we have characters tearing their clothing. Lets give them MagicPants!
* '''Lampshaded''': "There goes Bob's pants again. We should have known that he'd keep them somehow."
* '''Invoked''': "Once I gained my powers I knew I couldn't just run around naked, so I made myself a custom pair of baggy pants to stay intact when I grow. Just like in the comic books."
* '''Exploited''': ???
* '''Defied''': The villain disables the magic pants first so that Bob, out of modesty, will not grow.
* '''Discussed''': "I have no idea. I'm just glad they don't rip."
* '''Conversed''': "Why do characters in these movies always keep their pants intact? They must have MagicPants!"
* '''Deconstructed''': Bob's MagicPants are made out of incredibly stretchy material. Once a rogue scientist manages to get a sample and analyze it chemically, he starts a company selling the stuff and drives the entire clothing industry out of business, making millions of people jobless.
* '''Reconstructed''': However, a new industry arises out of the chaos, hiring those people back and selling very nice magic pants.
* '''Played For Laughs''': The pants are invulnerable, [[GroinAttack but not stretchy]].
* '''Played For Drama''': The pants are cursed and will eventually kill Bob. His attempts to destroy it are failing and if he fails his daughter will be left orphaned. Thus their staying intact when growing is a crushing failure.
MagicPants on the ground, pants on the ground!
%% Optional items, added after Conversed, at your discretion:
%%* '''Implied''': ???
%%* '''Plotted A Good Waste''': ???