'''Basic Trope''': Things on TV or other media are prone to spontaneous combustion.
* '''Straight''': Everything in the show, ''Mr. Mechanic'' explodes when it gets broken enough.
* '''Exaggerated''': Jan drops an apple one foot in an episode of ''Mr. Mechanic'' and it explodes not unlike a billion antimatter bombs glued into one.
** Some things are MadeOfExplodium, but fairly realistic in what explodes.
** The show is realistic in ''what'' explodes, but its not realistic in ''how easily'' those things explode.
** Everything literally is MadeOfExplodium.
** Pressurized gas is very common in the setting, possibly as the form of Phlebotinum, so the chance for it to burst from rough handling are what causes most of the destruction.
* '''Inverted''': Nothing explodes, not even active nukes.
* '''Subverted''': When Jan drops her fragile remote control, it looks like it explodes, but it's only just smoke coming up from the spot the remote just happened to land on really quickly.
* '''Double Subverted''': ...But a few seconds later the remote explodes.
* '''Parodied''': Jan strikes a punching bag. Camera zooms out to reveal the whole building exploding.
* '''Zig Zagged''': Sometimes things explode, sometimes they don't.
* '''Averted''': Things explode when they realistically are supposed to.
** "Our show has no action. What's a cheap way of making explosions?"
** "Hi, I'm Creator/MichaelBay".
* '''Lampshaded''': "Jan, why does everything explode?"
* '''Invoked''': The Mole has rigged all the hero's equipment to explode.
* '''Exploited''': After running out of bombs, TheHero realizes he can blow up the villain's headquarters by punching a computer really hard.
* '''Defied''': Everything that could violently explode is put into very durable containers.
* '''Discussed''': "I bet it's hard to fix something with all the exploding it would be doing".
* '''Conversed''': "How come everything in the season finale blew like it was filled with explosives?"
* '''Implied''': Jan takes extreme care when moving or handling certain objects.
* '''Deconstructed''': Technology has been virtually abandoned because of the constant danger of explosions.
* '''Reconstructed''': Biotechnology is used to avoid this. "Normal" technology is used by militaries as weapons.
* '''Played For Laughs''': Every time Jan is given anything it always ends up exploding spectacularly.
* '''Played For Drama''': Jan is covered in injuries and scars from the powerful explosion of an object.
Way to go. You scrolled to the bottom of the page so fast it exploded. Ride the shockwave back to MadeOfExplodium.