'''Basic Trope''': A cute critter that can hand out pain and death with no problem.
* '''Straight''': Kelvin is a cute baby unicorn who can shoot [[ShockAndAwe huge bolts of electricity]] from his horn.
** Kelvin is an SickeninglySweet baby unicorn who can create giant hurricanes that [[PersonOfMassDestruction can destroy entire cities, and sometimes even planets at will]]. [[EyeBeams And he can fire ionizing radiation beams from his eyeballs.]]
** Every single cute critter in the multiverse is trying to kill you.
* '''Downplayed''': Kelvin is a pretty adult unicorn. The horn ''is'' there for a reason...
** Unicorns were always capable of doing this as a way of self-defense.
** "Cute" doesn't discourage most predators, and unicorns are one of the many species that developed something that ''would''.
** Alternatively, the unicorns are the predators.
** The unicorn knows magic.
* '''Subverted''': The electric bolts that Kelvin attacks with are big, but they aren't very painful.
* '''Double Subverted''':
** ...But he is also capable of burning down foes to ashes with his fire-breath attacks.
** The "not-so-painful" electric bolts blind Kelvin's enemies.
** Even better, the bolts [[MindRape leave a huge psychological scar]] on the enemies.
* '''Parodied''': In the story's setting, the cuter a creature is, the stronger it is, while the uglier a monster is, the weaker it is.
* '''Zig Zagged''': Not all cute creatures have powerful attacking capabilities, but it is impossible to know which do and which don't without someone, at some point, finding out the hard way.
* '''Averted''': Unicorns are cute/majestic. That's all there is to it. They're even hesitant to ''stab'' attackers with their trademark horns.
* '''Enforced''': "Viewers like cute creatures, as well as powerful ones. Let's combine both features to make something that will please all the fans!"
** "It's amazing how a critter so cute can cause so much destruction."
** "And ''that's'' why you can't [[PetBabyWildAnimal keep him]]."
* '''Invoked''': A species of small carnivores has evolved to look much less dangerous than they actually are as a way of catching potential prey off-guard.
* '''Exploited''': Emperor Evulz offers Kelvin as a present to the hero, figuring the unicorn might kill the hero by accident.
* '''Defied''': Kelvin refuses to learn offensive powers, arguing that his cuteness would act as a natural form of protection.
* '''Discussed''': "...and I suppose that when you're spasming uncontrollably on the ground, you'll still call Kelvin 'Cute.'"
-->'''Viewer A''': Whoa! Baby unicorns can ''zap'' people?\\
'''Viewer B''': [[GenreSavvy Yeah, you didn't know that?]]
* '''Deconstructed''': Because they are so cute, many people ignore the unicorns' deadliness (even as ''babies''), and so a lot of pet-owner wannabes adopt baby unicorns. [[NotSoHarmlessPunishment Cue a huge spike in electricity-related deaths]].
* '''Reconstructed''': ...but with the proper training, unicorn owners can have their pets shock on command or in defense '''only'''. Unicorn owners rarely have to worry about home invasion.
Back to KillerRabbit, and ''don't'' try to pet it!
%% Optional items, added after Conversed, at your discretion:
%%* '''Implied''': ???
%%* '''Plotted A Good Waste''': ???
%%* '''Played For Laughs''': ???
%%* '''Played For Drama''': ???