'''Basic Trope''': A child character acts younger than their stated age.
* '''Straight''': 12-year-old Cody sleeps with a teddy bear and is a big fan of ''Series/BarneyAndFriends''.
* '''Exaggerated''': Cody speaks in BabyTalk and goes around wearing a diaper and baby bonnet.
* '''Downplayed''': Although he's in seventh grade, Cody reads a book intended for sixth graders.
** Kids develop at different rates.
** Cody has a developmental disorder.
* '''Inverted''': MostWritersAreAdults, LittleProfessorDialog
* '''Subverted''': [[DeliberatelyCuteChild Cody only acts that way to get what he wants.]]
* '''Double Subverted''': But his real level of maturity isn't much higher.
* '''Parodied''': ???
* '''Zig Zagged''': Cody's maturity level constantly varies DependingOnTheWriter.
* '''Averted''': Cody acts like a normal 12-year-old.
* '''Enforced''': "If Cody isn't innocent enough, we'll be hearing from the MoralGuardians."
** "Cody acts a bit young for his age."
** "Are you sure Cody doesn't have some kind of disorder?", "No, he's just like that."
* '''Invoked''': DeliberatelyCuteChild.
* '''Exploited''': ???
* '''Defied''': Most real 12-year-olds try.
* '''Discussed''': ???
* '''Conversed''': "What kind of 12-year-old would get that excited about the merry-go-round? I was starting to notice girls at that age!"
* '''Deconstructed''': Cody turns out to have a developmental disorder.
* '''Reconstructed''': Cody seems to be lagging behind his peers, but it turns out he's just a late bloomer.
* '''Played For Laughs''':
** Bob is fifteen, but acts like a small child from a '50s sitcom. His CatchPhrase is "[[GoshDangItToHeck gee willikers!]]"
** Cody is played as TheDitz.
* '''Played For Drama''':
** Cody has a serious developmental disorder.
** Cody is a ChildProgigy who is ashamed of his intelligence and tries to hide it, but overcompensates.
Back to KiddieKid
%% Optional items, added after Conversed, at your discretion:
%%* '''Implied''': ???