'''Basic Trope''': An adult hero will have an incredibly young sidekick.
* '''Straight''': Meet Trope Man and his 12 year old sidekick, Wiki Lad.
* '''Exaggerated''': Meet Trope Man and his 3 month old sidekick, The Troping Toddler.
* '''Downplayed''': Meet Trope Man and his 17 year old sidekick, Wiki Lad.
** Despite his age, Wiki Lad is incredibly talented and Trope Man has decided to make himself his mentor.
** Or Trope Man is his babysitter or other guardian and he can't leave him alone on adventures.
** Trope Man is fighting villains with [[EvenEvilHasStandards standards]], and took advantage of that to get a sidekick that's [[InfantImmortality effectively immortal]].
** Wiki Lad would have taken up the fight against crime anyway, and at least as Trope Man's sidekick, he at least has a more experienced vigilante watching his back.
* '''Inverted''': OlderSidekick
* '''Subverted''': Trope Man introduces his new sidekick, Wiki Lad, who actually appears to be the same age as Trope Man.
* '''Double Subverted''': But Wiki Lad is wearing a disguise to make himself appear older so that the foes will take him seriously. He's actually 8.
* '''Parodied''': Unborn sidekick: Trope Man's daughter is pregnant, the fetus has psychic powers it can already use, so Trope Man brings the daughter along with him.
* '''Zig Zagged''': ???
** Kids are not used as sidekicks.
** The kid *is* the star-in his civilian identity, Trope Man is an OrdinaryHighSchoolStudent.
* '''Enforced''': "We need to introduce a young character to the team to appeal to our younger audiences. Let's give Trope Man a kid sidekick.
* '''Lampshaded''': "Dude, you just got your ass kicked by a ten-year-old in spandex." "Shut up, Bob..."
* '''Invoked''': Trope Man specifically looks for a child to become his sidekick because he secretly always wanted to be a father.
* '''Exploited''': ???
* '''Defied''': Trope Man will not allow a child to fight crime, and hires someone older instead.
* '''Discussed''': "Is that a kid fighting alongside Trope Man?" "Yep." "Aren't there child labor laws against that sort of thing?" "You want to tell him that?"
* '''Conversed''': "Why are superheroes always choosing kids to be their sidekicks? That isn't very smart."
* '''Deconstructed''': Despite being skilled, Wiki Lad is still just a kid being forced to act like an adult. This causes him to lose his childhood and he never really grows up. This causes psychological problems down the road.
* '''Reconstructed''': But who cares? He's young now and kicking butt.
Back to KidSidekick
%% Optional items, added after Conversed, at your discretion:
%%* '''Implied''': ???
%%* '''Plotted A Good Waste''': ???
%%* '''Played For Laughs''': ???
%%* '''Played For Drama''': ???