'''Basic Trope''': A sham proceeding headed by a HangingJudge.
* '''Straight''': [[HangingJudge Judge Alex]] decides that Betty is guilty of murder, without any evidence, and throws her into jail.
* '''Exaggerated''': Alex punishes Betty by having her shot to death by an angry mob.
* '''Downplayed''': Alex decides Betty is guilty for shoplifting, with no evidence, and gives her a $20 fine.
** Alex is a KnightTemplar who indiscriminately punishes people he sees as "sinners". Betty happens to be one of them.
** Betty is living under a dictatorship, and she is seen as a state enemy.
** Betty is in a community that is mostly cut off from the rest of the country, meaning it doesn't have to go by the laws because there is nobody from the higher government to enforce this.
** Betty is given a fair trial, and is acquitted.
** Betty is acquitted by the judge and is declared innocent despite evidence to the contrary.
* '''Subverted''': The trial seems staged to Betty but it is not - it simply follows the rules of a different legal system.
* '''Double Subverted''': But even under that system it is unfair.
** The judge presiding at Betty's trial, along with all other members of court, [[VisualPun are actual kangaroos]].
** Alice tries to defend herself, but the judge and jury use InsaneTrollLogic to convict her anyway.
* '''Zig Zagged''': There are fair judges, as there are corrupt ones.
* '''Averted''': Alex is a fair judge.
* '''Enforced''': The creator wanted to show just how much of a bastard a group was and decides to do it by having the hanging judge.
* '''Lampshaded''': "Hey, did you realize that the number of convictions has risen five-fold after Alex was appointed as a judge?" "Yeah, I wonder why..."
* '''Invoked''': Somebody wants Betty out of the way and uses a lot of money to get it made so.
* '''Exploited''': Betty, aware of impending verdict, decides to make a complete and total ass of herself during the trial, to the point that that the court is left with 2 options: Convict Betty and let her basically use this freedom to incriminate and insult everybody involved because she's already being punished, or let her go so she won't talk.
* '''Defied''': Betty exposes the judge before the trial so that a non-hanging judge could reside.
* '''Discussed''': ???
* '''Conversed''': ???
* '''Deconstructed''': After one too many false verdicts, someone informs the government about Alex, who is investigated for corruption. He is found guilty, and is stripped of his position.
* '''Reconstructed''': After a heavy checking, somebody noticed that the effect was actually positive to a point, and the government lets Alex keep going but assigns only very specific cases to him that would otherwise legally let a guilty party go.
Back to KangarooCourt
%% Optional items, added after Conversed, at your discretion:
%%* '''Implied''': ???
%%* '''Reconstructed''': ???
%%* '''Plotted A Good Waste''': ???
%%* '''Played For Laughs''': ???
%%* '''Played For Drama''': ???