'''Basic Trope''': A ButtMonkey immune to harm.
* '''Straight''': Bob gets electrocuted, but he is unharmed.
* '''Exaggerated''': Bob then gets hit by a nuke and doesn't feel anything.
* '''Downplayed''': Bob is trampled by a ThunderingHerd, but doesn't get as much as a broken bone.
** It's Bob's NighInvulnerability that lets him take the damage.
** Bob has an incredibly high HealingFactor, and thus doesn't shy away from activities or places that could harm him.
** Bob is ''literally'' MadeOfIron.
** Looks unharmed, but is really good at hiding pain
** An [[OneHitPointWonder easy to kill character]] is always lucky and always avoids anything that could harm him.
* '''Subverted''': After looking fine from being electrocuted, he falls over dead.
* '''Double Subverted''': [[TheyKilledKenny But is mysteriously revived in the next episode]].
** Bob is actually moonlighting as a stunt double, as practice to become a ''real'' actor (it turns out he can quote Shakespeare while dodging pianos).
** Bob has a detailed record of how many horrible accidents he has had in his life.
** Bob [[FearlessFool never cares about his life]] because he never gets harmed anyways.
* '''Zig Zagged''': Bob seems at first to do this all the time. But actually, it depends on his mood. If he's in a crummy one, just touching him wrong will knock him out cold. The rules are inconsistent about this though.
* '''Averted''': Bob is not immune to harm.
* '''Enforced''': The show is a SadistShow.
* '''Lampshaded''': "Bob, it seems like you get up from just about ''anything''."
* '''Invoked''': Bob thinks he'd be able to bounce back, so he insists on entering the trapped room first to disarm things, then...
** It works, and he comes back more or less intact, to fetch his friends.
** Alice stands slightly behind and to the side of Bob at all times, to ensure anything painful hits him first and leaves her alone.
** Alice used Bob as a BulletproofHumanShield, and it works.
* '''Defied''': It seems like Bob is going to yet again have something horrendous happen to him, but instead, it's a romance scene.
* '''Discussed''': "Normally, guys named Bob are subject to getting back on their feet after stuff like that, but you couldn't, could you Bob?"
* '''Conversed''': "I've always seen these shows where this happens to people, and they get back up."
** If Bob is a child, people will wonder how he gets such frequent injuries, and due to the existence of AbusiveParents, they may jump to the wrong conclusions.
** Bob's frequent maimings may not do any permanent damage to him, but they still hurt. A lot.
** Bob fights through [[TheDeterminator every ounce of pain the worlds gives him]]; as a result, he learns to block it out and continue funcioning more or less normally in the face of extreme punisment.
** Perhaps Bob is immune to every form of attack, except for one WeaksauceWeakness.
* '''Played For Laughs''': Bob is continuously subjected to a series of AmusingInjuries, all without taking harm or complaining.
* '''Played For Drama''': IronWoobie
* '''Untwisted''': The audience expects Bob to not survive, because it's a realistic style movie. But for some reason, it's played this way without explanation.
Back to IronButtMonkey
%% Optional items, added after Conversed, at your discretion:
%%* '''Implied''': ???
%%* '''Plotted A Good Waste''': ???