'''Basic Trope''': When someone gets an idea, a light bulb appears over character's head.
* '''Straight''': Albert got an idea to solve a problem he has. A bright light bulb appears over his head.
** Albert got multiple ideas for a problem. Multiple light bulbs appear over his head.
** Albert has a EurekaMoment. A giant Hollywood floodlight appears over his head.
** Albert comes up with a small idea and a single Christmas light appears above his head.
** Albert has an idea while, by coincidence, [[VisualPun standing under a real lightbulb]].
* '''Justified''': One of Albert's superpowers is [[WhatKindOfLamePowerIsHeartAnyway summoning lightbulbs]] by thought.
** Albert can't think of any ideas. A darkened lamp appears over his head.
** Anytime Albert walks under a light bulb, it gives him an idea.
* '''Subverted''': Albert got an idea how to solve a problem. A light bulb appears over his head. However, Albert then thinks it's a bad idea so the light bulb fizzles out.
* '''Double Subverted''': He [[MediumAwareness replaces the bulb]] and goes ahead with it anyway.
** Bob, who lives in the middle ages, gets an idea, and a candle appears over his head (although this is also used for characters who are, ahem, "not very bright").
** Alternately: Albert needs an idea. He holds a lightbulb over his head, clicks the switch, and promptly finds one.
* '''Zig Zagged''': ???
* '''Averted''': Albert gets an idea but no light bulbs appear.
* '''Enforced''': It's a cartoon with no dialogue, so they need an easy way to show when a character is thinking.
** "That's a big bulb! You must have gotten up with a great idea"
** Another character sees the bulb and hangs a literal lampshade on it.
* '''Invoked''': Albert is in a dark room and needs illumination. He tries to think of a random idea to cause a light bulb to appear over his head to illuminate the room.
** Albert is in a dark. Suddenly, he gets an idea which causes a light bulb appear over his head. Albert uses the light from a bulb to read a book.
** People start coming up with ideas for purpose so they don't need to buy light bulbs anymore to reduce electric bills.
* '''Defied''': Albert doesn't want a room to be illuminated so he tries to prevent any ideas popping up in his head.
* '''Discussed''': "Your idea is so great that if you were a cartoon character, a light bulb over your head would illuminate the whole city."
* '''Conversed''': ???
* '''Deconstructed''': The hero comes up with an idea to sneak past the guards. The light gives away his position.
* '''Reconstructed''': The guards try to attack him, but luckily, the Hero loses his idea and is able to sneak away in the dark, while the guards are in a tangled mess.
Back to IdeaBulb
%% Optional items, added after Conversed, at your discretion:
%%* '''Implied''': ???
%%* '''Plotted A Good Waste''': ???
%%* '''Played For Laughs''': ???
%%* '''Played For Drama''': ???