'''Basic Trope''': A work is not ExactlyWhatItSaysOnTheTin.
* '''Straight''': The work's title confuses some of the less GenreSavvy people.
* '''Exaggerated''': Nobody can figure out anything correct about the work from the title alone, even by random guessing.
* '''Downplayed''': ???
** Not everyone is GenreSavvy enough to figure it out.
** Or: NamesTheSame[=/=]SimilarlyNamedWorks
* '''Inverted''': The work is ExactlyWhatItSaysOnTheTin, but people still confuse it for something else.
* '''Subverted''': At first glance the work title may seem to be mistaken for something else, but from another perspective, it's actually not.
* '''Double Subverted''': Then you confuse it with something ''else''.
* '''Parodied''': An entire page is created for a work title just for other work titles that it could be confused with.
* '''Zig Zagged''': ???
* '''Averted''': The work title isn't misleading at all.
* '''Enforced''': ExecutiveMeddling means that the creator of the work is forced to use the misleading title.
* '''Lampshaded''': [[WesternAnimation/RegularShow "...It's anything but."]]
* '''Invoked''': The creator of the work deliberately chooses a title for it that can mean as many things as possible.
* '''Exploited''': The creator of the work uses the misleading title to market it.
* '''Defied''': The creator of the work has done everything to prevent said work's title from becoming misleading.
* '''Discussed''': ???
* '''Conversed''': "Isn't that work the one with the misleading title? I still haven't figured out why it's named as such."
* '''Deconstructed''': The work becomes unpopular because the title is misleading, causing people not to get what they expected, making them waste their time and money. As a result, the creator of the work goes bankrupt.
* '''Reconstructed''': Someone finds the work. Things happen, the work creates a MemeticMutation because of the misleading title, and the work becomes popular.
Back to IThoughtThatWas
%% Optional items, added after Conversed, at your discretion:
%%* '''Implied''': ???
%%* '''Plotted A Good Waste''': ???
%%* '''Played For Laughs''': ???
%%* '''Played For Drama''': ???