'''Basic Trope''': Exposure to radiation = instant super powers.
* '''Straight''': Alice is exposed to radiation and becomes Amazing Girl.
* '''Exaggerated''': After [=NukeCo=] dumps radioactive waste in the small burg of Troperville, every citizen gains super powers.
* '''Downplayed''': Alice was already a superhero, but radiation makes her somewhat stronger.
* '''Justified''': Alice has a gene that gives her superpowers, which is activated in life threatening circumstances such as radiation poisioning
* '''Inverted''': Amazing Girl loses her powers when she is exposed to radiation.
* '''Subverted''': Alice exposed to radiation and becomes...violently ill with leukemia.
* '''Double Subverted''': But a side effect of the chemo gives her superpowers.
* '''Parodied''': [=NukeCo=] uses the super mutations in their PR campaign.
* '''Zig Zagged''': Alice - diagnosed with leukemia - gets super powers as a side effect of chemo. But that turns out to be a hallucination.
* '''Averted''': No one gets superpowers from radiation.
* '''Enforced''': The comic book's title is "The Atomic Avengers" so all the members of the team have to get their powers from radiation.
* '''Lampshaded''': "What's with everyone getting superpowers? I though radiation was deadly..."
* '''Invoked''': ???
* '''Exploited''': Alice exposes herself to radiation so that she can get superpowers.
* '''Defied''': ???
* '''Discussed''': ???
* '''Conversed''': ???
** Alice exposes herself to radiation to try to get superpowers, but dies from radiation poisoning.
** Alice gets superpowers, but also still gets leukemia and is driven insane by denial and radiation poisoning.
Back to ILoveNuclearPower
%% Optional items, added after Conversed, at your discretion:
%%* '''Implied''': ???
%%* '''Reconstructed''': ???
%%* '''Plotted A Good Waste''': ???
%%* '''Played For Laughs''': ???
%%* '''Played For Drama''': ???