'''Basic Trope''': A character reveals that another character who beat them somehow only won because they let them.
* '''Straight''': Alice is fighting [[TheDragon Dracone]] and after a long, arduous battle, she wins. He later reveals that he let her win for reasons unknown.
* '''Exaggerated''': Alice fights Dracone several hundred times, winning each time by the skin of her teeth. Dracone reveals that he was letting her win each time.
* '''Downplayed''': Dracone could conceivably have fought harder and maybe won, [[PyrrhicVictory but it would cost too much even if he did]], [[KnowWhenToFoldEm so he bowed out]].
* '''Justified''': Dracone is looking for a successor and sees great potential in Alice. By letting her win he [[YouKillItYouBoughtIt sets up a better dragon for his employer.]] However, if he she didn't meet his standards he would have killed her than and there. [[XanatosGambit Either outcome worked for him.]]
** Alice gives up against Dracone.
** Alice gloats after beating Dracone, saying that defeating him was a such a breeze... When, in fact, she had a really hard time winning.
** After recalling the fight, Alice realizes that Dracone couldn't have let her win...he was fighting too hard.
** Dracone plans on letting Alice win, but it turns out she's actually stronger than him and would've won anyways
* '''Double Subverted''': He was fighting hard to further his motives.
** Alice beat all kinds of pain into Dracone's sorry ass, and yet he still insists that she only won because he let her.
** Alice and Dracone are both trying to pull this trope on each-other, and end up entering a contest of PolitenessJudo to in order to determine who beats on who.
* '''Zig Zagged''': It's truly too difficult to tell whether he was letting her win or not.
* '''Averted''': Alice won fair and square.
* '''Enforced''': "We need to show that this villain is sinister! What better way than to tell TheHero that he let her win?"
** "Remember when you defeated me at Death's Gulch? I let you win that time!"
** "[[LameComeback Yeah, well, _I-I let you lose!...Jerk!]]"
* '''Invoked''': Dracone, while fighting Alice and holding his own, realizes that his agenda would be better served if she won. So...he lets her win.
** Alice picked a fight with Dracone knowing that she couldn't win [[IKnowYouKnowIKnow but also knowing that he had a reason to let her win]].
** Dracone got an associate to put money on his fight with Alice, as he already knew the outcome and needed to lose anyway to further his dastardly ends.
* '''Defied''': Alice, realizing that Dracone is about to let her win, forces him to keep fighting her.
* '''Discussed''': "So he let you win... Now we must find how that factors into his next plan..."
* '''Conversed''': "[[XanatosGambit Considering how often being beaten factors into his plans,]] you have to wonder if Dracone is a closet masochist..."
* '''Implied''': Dracone is the SilentBob, and although we obviously never hear him or anyone say this, we do notice him [[CurbStompBattle absolutely schooling an opponent much stronger than Alice a few minutes after his "defeat."]]
* '''Deconstructed''': The revelation that he let her win causes Alice to give up and stop fighting the bad guys.
* '''Reconstructed''': Alice realizes that Dracone might have let her win, but she needs to keep fighting.
[[ILetYouWin I let you go back to the main page]], you little fool!. [[EvilLaugh Muahahahahahahaha!!!]]
%% Optional items, added after Conversed, at your discretion:
%%* '''Plotted A Good Waste''': ???
%%* '''Played For Laughs''': ???
%%* '''Played For Drama''': ???