'''Basic Trope''': Giving a personal name to a weapon.
* '''Straight''': Bob calls his weapon Vera
** Bob names every weapon, including improvised ones, even if he uses them only once.
** Bob not only calls his gun Vera, but refers to the bullets as her "kids".
* '''Downplayed''': Bob names his guitar Alexandria.
** Since his trusty gun gets him out of any situation, Bob [[CompanionCube grows a link to his gun]], and [[TitleDrop calls it Vera]].
** Or Bob is just [[CloudCuckoolander a bit insane]].
** Or Bob's in the army.
** Bob is a ProudWarriorRaceGuy. All his people name their weapons.
** The gun is an EmpathicWeapon, and insists that Bob give it a name.
* '''Inverted''': The EmpathicWeapon Bob wields gives him a nickname.
* '''Subverted''': Bob calls his gun Vera [[LeetLingo because its model number is V-3R4.]]
* '''Double Subverted''': Bob has a second, more creative nickname for his gun.
** Bob gives his gun a name OneHundredAndEight [[OverlyLongName syllables long]].
** "This is my robotic girlfriend, Vera. She used to be my gun".
* '''Zig Zagged''': Bob calls his gun Vera, but end up thinking it is childish to give his gun a name. But he feels like he betrayed his trusted friend, and starts again...
* '''Averted''': No gun is given a name.
* '''Enforced''': Bob's guns are individually named [[MerchandiseDriven so that they can be sold separately]].
* '''Lampshaded''': "So you call your gun Vera?"
* '''Invoked''': "Listen, rookies, your gun is your best friend, and you gonna treat it as such: take care of it and it will take care of you".
* '''Exploited''': A bad guy is able to render Bob helpless by threatening to destroy Vera.
* '''Defied''': "Nah, I'm not crazy enough to treat a tool like a person".
** "Nice gun! What's her name?" "Vera. How do you call yours?"
** "If you love your gun so much, why don't you [[CargoShip marry her]]?"
* '''Conversed''': "In these shows, nine times out of ten, the sniper gives his gun a name".
* '''Deconstructed''': Bob humanizes his gun, while objectifying the people he kills with it, which is noted as proof of serious mental issues.
* '''Reconstructed''': Bob initially derides those who name their weapons, but after experience in combat, he understands them and names his own.
* '''Played for Laughs''': The name is downright ridiculous, and unpronounceable.
* '''Played for Drama''': Bob's gun is named after a loved one who died, especially his wife. Bonus points if the named weapon killed said loved one or could have saved her life.
I call the main page [[ICallItVera Vera]]
%% Optional items, added after Conversed, at your discretion:
%%* '''Implied''': ???
%%* '''Plotted A Good Waste''': ???