'''Basic Trope''': A couple's possessions are labeled "his" and "hers", denoting what belongs to whom.
* '''Straight''': Bob's towel is labeled "His" and Alice's towel is labeled "Hers"
* '''Exaggerated''': Alice and Bob have their own en suite bathrooms... and everything in them is labeled 'his' or 'hers', too.
* '''Downplayed''': Alice's towel is labeled "Alice" and Bob's towel is labeled "Bob"
** Alice and Bob are SleepingSingle
** Alice and Bob are touchy about their possessions.
* '''Inverted''': Alice and Bob share everything.
* '''Subverted''': Alice and Bob have their own bath towels, but they are not labeled.
* '''Double Subverted''': At least, they aren't monogrammed. [[PinkGirlBlueBoy Alice's towel is pink, and Bob's is blue.]]
** Alice and Bob have an extra (little) towel labeled "Its" for their goldfish
** Everything in Alice and Bob's house is like this, from towels, to telephones, to front doors.
** Aaron and Bob have towels labeled 'his' and 'his'. Nobody can figure out whose is whose except them.
** Alex and Bob are a homosexual couple. Everything in their house is marked His[=/=]His, much to the chagrin of both of them, as they can't reliably identify which one belongs to whom.
* '''Zig Zagged''': ???
* '''Averted''': Alice and Bob don't label their possessions.
* '''Enforced''': ???
* '''Lampshaded''': ???
* '''Invoked''': Alice and Bob receive towels labeled "His" and "Hers" as wedding gifts.
* '''Exploited''': ???
* '''Defied''': Alice and Bob agree to share everything.
* '''Discussed''': ???
* '''Conversed''': ???
* '''Deconstructed''': Bob breaks up with Alice and gets all the towels in the settlement. He immediately gives them to his new girlfriend, Claire, showing how depersonalized a simple pronoun is.
* '''Played For Drama''': That fact that Alice and Bob are so touchy about their possessions shows gaps in there marriage.
Back to HisAndHers
%% Optional items, added after Conversed, at your discretion:
%%* '''Implied''': ???
%%* '''Reconstructed''': ???
%%* '''Plotted A Good Waste''': ???
%%* '''Played For Laughs''': ???