'''Basic Trope''': A characters dangles someone from a high place, in order to interrogate him/her.
* '''Straight''': Alice seeks to get information from a stubborn Bob by dangling him from the top of a skyscraper and threatening to let go of him if Bob doesn't comply. He ends up talking out of sheer terror
* '''Exaggerated''': Alice dangles Bob from a jet plane that is flying several miles above the ground.
** Alice threatens to knock Bob down a flight of stairs if he doesn't comply.
** Alice uses some sort of illusion to trick Bob into thinking that he is about to fall to his death. Really, Alice wouldn't go that far, and the fall is nothing more than a few feet.
* '''Justified''': Alice's method of interrogating suspects is based on an existing technique, which the law enforcement/government agency her character is associated with practices in RealLife.
* '''Inverted''': Alice ties Bob to helium balloons, and threatens to release him into the atmosphere if he doesn't talk.
* '''Subverted''': Bob would rather die than tell Alice anything, anyway, so he refuses give up the information Alice wants after being threatened with death in this manner.
* '''Double Subverted''': Alice then drops Bob, catching him just before he hits the ground with a grappling hook and bringing him back up to ask him again. He is now willing to talk.
* '''Parodied''': The "great height" Alice dangles Bob from is less than half the height of the average human being. Bob is terrified and reveals everything he knows.
* '''Zig Zagged''': ???
* '''Averted''': Alice's interrogation methods neither involve fear of heights nor death threats.
* '''Enforced''': ???
* '''Lampshaded''': ???
* '''Invoked''': ???
* '''Exploited''': Alice is well aware ahead of time that Bob is very afraid of heights.
* '''Defied''': Bob points out that he's aware the fall would kill him, yet [[MartyrdomCulture he's willing to die for the cause.]] Therefor, Alice has nothing to threaten him with.
* '''Discussed''': ???
* '''Conversed''': ???
* '''Deconstructed''': Any information or confession Bob gives Alice is considered unreliable. Anything Bob says may just be anything Alice would want to hear and not necessarily the truth.
Back to HighAltitudeInterrogation
%% Optional items, added after Conversed, at your discretion:
%%* '''Implied''': ???
%%* '''Reconstructed''': ???
%%* '''Played For Laughs''': ???
%%* '''Played For Drama''': ???