'''Basic Trope''': A characters dangles someone from a high place, in order to interrogate him/her.
* '''Straight''': Alice seeks to get information from a stubborn Bob by dangling him from the top of a skyscraper and threatening to let go of him if Bob doesn't comply. He ends up talking out of sheer terror
* '''Exaggerated''': Alice dangles Bob from a jet plane that is flying several miles above the ground.
** Alice threatens to knock Bob down a flight of stairs if he doesn't comply.
** Alice uses some sort of illusion to trick Bob into thinking that he is about to fall to his death. Really, Alice wouldn't go that far, and the fall is nothing more than a few feet.
* '''Justified''': Alice's method of interrogating suspects is based on an existing technique, which the law enforcement/government agency her character is associated with practices in RealLife.
* '''Inverted''': Alice ties Bob to helium balloons, and threatens to release him into the atmosphere if he doesn't talk.
* '''Subverted''': Bob would rather die than tell Alice anything, anyway, so he refuses give up the information Alice wants after being threatened with death in this manner.
* '''Double Subverted''': Alice then drops Bob, catching him just before he hits the ground with a grappling hook and bringing him back up to ask him again. He is now willing to talk.
* '''Parodied''': The "great height" Alice dangles Bob from is less than half the height of the average human being. Bob is terrified and reveals everything he knows.
* '''Zig Zagged''': Alice hangs Bob over a great height...[[UnwillingSuspension and just leaves him there to dangle.]] [[CoolAndUnusualPunishment It turns out that starvation, coupled with Bob slowly-dislocating limbs is a better torment than any fall could be]]. After he spills, Alice drops him, but at this point it's a MercyKill.
* '''Averted''': Alice's interrogation methods neither involve fear of heights nor death threats.
* '''Enforced''': ???
* '''Lampshaded''': [[UnhandThemVillain "Let go of m-]] Wait, hold on, let me rephrase that!"
* '''Invoked''': ???
* '''Exploited''': Alice is well aware ahead of time that Bob is very afraid of heights.
** Bob uses Alice's tentious position to [[TakingYouWithMe drag her over the edge with him.]]
** Bob goad Alice into dropping him...[[SuicidalGotcha right on top of his getaway vehicle. ]]
* '''Defied''': Bob points out that he's aware the fall would kill him, yet [[MartyrdomCulture he's willing to die for the cause.]] Therefore, Alice has nothing to threaten him with.
* '''Discussed''': "What are you gonna do, drag me to the cliff and [[TemptingFate hang me over it by my ankles?]]...Um, please don't."
-->'''Carol''': "They shouldn't hold them upside-down like that."
-->'''Dave''': "Yeah, it pretty much counts as psychological tortur-"
-->'''Carol''': "I mean, [[ComicallyMissingThePoint they should hold them the right way up, so the blood stays out of their heads and they can think clearly..."]]
* '''Deconstructed''': Any information or confession Bob gives Alice is considered unreliable. Anything Bob says may just be anything Alice would want to hear and not necessarily the truth.
* '''Played For Laughs''': Alice and Bob use the lofty situation as an excuse for a HurricaneOfPuns
* '''Played For Drama''': Bob refuses to fold, and Alice is then left with a SadisticChoice of [[HoistByHerOwnPetard her own making.]] Does she drop him and [[ThouShallNotKill make herself a murderer, ]] or does she fold and [[SlaveToPR let him go, knowing her reputation]] as a TerrorHero [[LikeYouWouldReallyDoIt is about to be destroyed?]]
Back to HighAltitudeInterrogation
%% Optional items, added after Conversed, at your discretion:
%%* '''Implied''': ???
%%* '''Reconstructed''': ???
%%* '''Played For Laughs''': ???
%%* '''Played For Drama''': ???