'''Basic Trope''': Inheritance (money, power, etc.) is passed down from father to firstborn son.
* '''Straight''': KingBobTheNth passes his crown onto Prince Billy, even though there is at least one princess who is older than Prince Billy.
* '''Exaggerated''': KingBobTheNth dies without any heirs, even though he had ''dozens'' of daughters, so the throne ends up going to Bob's half-brother, Charlie, who's clearly not fit to rule a kingdom.
* '''Downplayed''': When it comes time to divide up the inheritance, although all of Bob's children receive ''something'', the bulk of it goes to Billy, his oldest son.
** The kingdom is in a NoWomansLand; women are considered unfit to rule.
** Only men are considered [[AuthorityEqualsAsskicking capable of fighting.]]
* '''Inverted''': The power is passed down from mother to daughter (i.e. from Queen Alice to Princess Annie).
** KingBobTheNth passes his crown onto Princess Annie.
** Queen Alice takes over after KingBobTheNth dies.
** KingBobTheNth passes the crown onto his [[YoungestChildWins youngest child]], Prince Charlie.
* '''Double Subverted''':
** But she can never marry, lest the crown be passed onto her new husband.
** But only until Prince Billy is old enough to rule on his own.
** Even though Princess Annie is three years older than Prince Charlie.
* '''Parodied''': ???
* '''Zig Zagged''': ???
* '''Averted''': See "Reconstructed"
* '''Enforced''': TruthInTelevision
* '''Lampshaded''': "Only a prince can become a king!"
* '''Invoked''': KingBobTheNth gets his FirstGrayHair and starts to think about what will happen after he's gone, knowing that he only has daughters.
* '''Exploited''': ???
* '''Defied''': KingBobTheNth decides he'll pass the crown onto his eldest daughter, and [[DaddysGirl teach her how to be the best queen she can possibly be]].
* '''Discussed''': ???
* '''Conversed''': ???
* '''Deconstructed''': May lead to wars and chaos that could easily be prevented if the crown were passed onto a daughter. Also, "has a penis" doesn't necessarily ''automatically'' mean "is a competent ruler."
** The crown is passed onto the oldest child, regardless of gender.
** Alternatively, leaders are chosen by merit and/or by vote, rather than by lineage.
Back to HeirClubForMen
%% Optional items, added after Conversed, at your discretion:
%%* '''Implied''': ???
%%* '''Plotted A Good Waste''': ???
%%* '''Played For Laughs''': ???
%%* '''Played For Drama''': ???