'''Basic Trope''': Inheritance (money, power, etc.) is passed down from father to firstborn son.
* '''Straight''': KingBobTheNth passes his crown onto Prince Billy, even though there is at least one princess who is older than Prince Billy.
* '''Exaggerated''': KingBobTheNth dies without any heirs, even though he had ''dozens'' of daughters, so the throne ends up going to Bob's half-brother, Charlie, who's clearly not fit to rule a kingdom.
* '''Downplayed''': When it comes time to divide up the inheritance, although all of Bob's children receive ''something'', the bulk of it goes to Billy, his oldest son.
** The kingdom is in a NoWomansLand; women are considered unfit to rule.
** Only men are considered [[AsskickingEqualsAuthority capable of fighting.]]
* '''Inverted''': The power is passed down from mother to daughter (i.e. from Queen Alice to Princess Annie).
** KingBobTheNth dies and Prince Charlie expects to crowned king, only for his dad's will to name Princess Anne as his successor because she is older.
** KingBobTheNth dies and Prince Charlie is crowned, but "he" turns out to be crossdressing princess Charla and her father knew this before he died and designated his heir.
* '''Double Subverted''':
** Further into the will, the late king specifies that Princess Anne will be Charlie's ''regent'' until he is old enough to be king.
** Charla was ''originally'' male but a demon [[GenderBender transformed him into a girl.]] His father knew this as well.
* '''Parodied''': ???
* '''Zig Zagged''': KingBobTheNth dies and his children are each crowned in their turn. Sometimes a girl is passed over for her younger brother or cousin and sometimes not.
** KingBobTheNth passes his crown onto his oldest child, who happens to be Princess Annie.
** Queen Alice takes over after KingBobTheNth dies.
** Neither gender nor heritage is a factor for inheritance.
* '''Enforced''': The show is a historical drama and the writer wants it to be TruthInTelevision.
* '''Lampshaded''': "Only a prince can rule!"
* '''Invoked''': KingBobTheNth gets his FirstGrayHair and starts to think about what will happen after he's gone, knowing that he only has daughters.
* '''Exploited''': ???
* '''Defied''': KingBobTheNth decides he'll pass the crown onto his eldest daughter, and [[DaddysGirl teach her how to be the best queen she can possibly be]].
* '''Discussed''': ???
* '''Conversed''': ???
** Charlie is crowned king despite being the youngest of the royal children because he is the only male. However, "has a penis" doesn't translate into "is a competent ruler." Thus, Charlie fumbles with his duties which has the potential to cause trouble.
** A SuccessionCrisis begins because KingBobTheNth doesn't have a son despite having a daughter who could do a good job of it.
** After Charlie is crowned, his siblings, regardless of their gender become his advisors and they all pool their knowledge and experience together so that Charlie makes the best decision.
** The oldest princess rules temporarily until she can find a man with ''some'' claim to the throne that the beligerents can agree on. "Temporarily" can last a long time under the right conditions.
Back to HeirClubForMen
%% Optional items, added after Conversed, at your discretion:
%%* '''Implied''': ???
%%* '''Plotted A Good Waste''': ???
%%* '''Played For Laughs''': ???
%%* '''Played For Drama''': ???