'''Basic Trope''': A villain realizes that he/she is the bad guy.
* '''Straight''': Bob is an EvilOverlord who realizes that in the process of taking over the world, he's brought death and suffering to millions of people.
* '''Exaggerated''': Bob is a GodOfEvil who realizes that in the process of causing TheEndOfTheWorldAsWeKnowIt, it's brought death and suffering to millions of people.
* '''Downplayed''': Bob is the JerkJock who [[JerkassRealization realizes that his bullying was hurting people]].
* '''Justified''': Bob started as a WellIntentionedExtremist who believed that UtopiaJustifiesTheMeans, and honestly believed until now that he was doing the right thing.
** Bob the AntiHero realizes that he's a bad guy.
* '''Subverted''': Bob sees all the pain he's caused, but it only makes him surer that it's all for the greater good.
* '''Double Subverted''': Bob realizes that his original goals were evil, but his essentially unpleasant nature means that his activities in the service of "good" are just as vicious.
* '''Parodied''': Bob accidentally forgets to feed his pet cat, Muffins. He has a nervous breakdown as a result.
* '''Zig Zagged''': Bob sees the pain he's caused and finally realizes he's evil. He decides he doesn't care, and stays evil for a while. But then he goes too far and realizes he's even more evil than he thought he was and decides to change.
** Bob does not realize he's the bad guy.
** Bob knows he is a bad guy and [[CardCarryingVillain revels in that fact]].
* '''Enforced''': "We'll want to redeem Bob eventually. He should have a crisis of conscience about being a villain."
* '''Lampshaded''': "Your undead armies have swept across the land killing everyone in their path! ''Of course'' you're the villain!"
* '''Invoked''': [[WarriorTherapist Casey]] gives Bob a well placed KirkSummation in order to make him see the error of his ways.
* '''Exploited''': [[AntiHero Alice]] gives Bob a BreakingSpeech that opens his eyes, and uses the moment of distraction to kill him for his crimes.
* '''Defied''': Bob is a KnightTemplar who will never see himself in the wrong no matter how much damage he causes.
* '''Discussed''': ???
* '''Conversed''': ???
** Bob's realization of being in the wrong didn't give him the opportunity to make things right. Instead, it puts him in a position where he [[MyGreatestFailure pathetically dwells in sorrow and despair by remembering his deeds]]. It also doesn't help that anyone isn't willing to let go of their hostility and bitterness towards Bob.
** Even if Bob did realized the fact what he's been doing is wrong, [[ReformedButRejected many others outright]] [[RejectedApology refuse to forgive him.]]\\
Thanks to both of the deconstructions, the people who refused to forgive Bob soon end up [[BodyHorror slowly mutating]] [[YouAreWhatYouHate into literal aspects of Bob that they loathe]], [[LaserGuidedKarma realizing their own errors far too late to repent]]. All that was thanks to a curse cast upon the land by a [[EvilSorcerer demented warlock]] under the employ of the [[GodOfEvil God of]] [[ThePowerOfHate Hatred, Odio]].
* '''Played For Drama''':
** Bob realizes that he's the villain... and likes it. Now that he's completely unhindered he will make the heroes suffer even more.
Back to HeelRealization
%% Optional items, added after Conversed, at your discretion:
%%* '''Implied''': ???
%%* '''Reconstructed''': ???
%%* '''Plotted A Good Waste''': ???
%%* '''Played For Laughs''': ???