'''Basic Trope''': Content which is not appropriate for a work's intended audience makes it in anyway.
* '''Straight''': In one episode of the TV series "The Adventures of Bob", which is targeted towards 10-year olds, has a scene that implies Bob has had sex at some point.
* '''Exaggerated''': The Adventures of Bob is aimed at toddlers, and yet the entire show is loaded with gore, swearing, nudity, references to the devil, and [[ArsonMurderAndJaywalking bad manners]].
** "The Adventures of Bob" is targeted at teenagers and has Bob making a DoubleEntendre.
* '''Justified''': Bob is being subtle about innuendo because of in universe censorship.
** ''The Adventures of Bob'' is an allegedly adult show with little to no risque content.
** The Adventures of Bob is a PornWithPlot.
* '''Subverted''': ExecutiveMeddling in the form of catching the raunchy jokes before they go on air.
* '''Double Subverted''': The censored joke is [[CensorDecoy replaced by another inappropriate joke that doesn't get caught]].
* '''Parodied''': ''The Adventures of Bob'' features an episode where [[HypocriticalHumor Bob starts an anti-indecency brigade against a kids' show that's notorious for its racy content]].
* '''Zig Zagged''': Some episodes get away with risque content while others conform to standards and practices' rules of what's acceptable.
** The show's content is actually age-appropriate and none of the writers try to go too far with risque content.
** The content isn't targeted at children and the writers are free to include whatever content without having to mask it.
** The show airs on a channel whose censorship is notorious for letting a lot of things slide (at least until the MoralGuardian complaints come rolling in).
** The show originally aired in a country that is fairly liberal in showing "adult" things in kids' cartoons (within reason) such as Japan, Belgium, Canada, or France, and the people in charge of localizing it for the United States do their best to make it palatable to children's audiences by bowdlerizing it, but, whether due to [[IdiotBall incompetence]], [[HaveAGayOldTime a poor grasp of comprehending common slang expressions]], or [[RefugeInAudacity the localizers having fun and pissing off the censors]], there's DubText that ends up making the cartoon more risque than it was in its native country.
** The creators of ''The Adventures of Bob'' believe in DefyingTheCensors and use many tricks to get the producers to let risque content through.
** The producers want ''The Adventures of Bob'' to have a PeripheryDemographic (read: appeal to older viewers as well as younger ones), despite that the censors want more kid-friendly material, and they find that the best way to do this is to use this trope.
** The show is intended to get out to older generations as well as younger ones, so they slip a few dirty but hidden jokes so any adult watching the show can enjoy it as well.
* '''Lampshaded''': "[[GenreSavvy It's a good thing]] [[NoFourthWall the network censors]] [[MediumAwareness don't care what we say or do -- within reason]]. Any other channel would have canceled us by now".
* '''Defied''': The creators take pride in the fact that their show is both wholesome and popular with kids and adults.
* '''Discussed''': "Why does every cartoon these days feel the need to push the envelope? Not every cartoon needs to be like ''WesternAnimation/FamilyGuy''. Then again, if it weren't for overgrown cartoon fans and stoners, this show wouldn't have a fanbase at all."
* '''Conversed''': "Wow. The things they're getting away with on kids' shows these days. I counted ten sex jokes, five counts of HoYay, a FamilyUnfriendlyDeath, a possible reference to marijuana smoking, and [[ArsonMurderAndJaywalking a joke about dogs using trees as bathrooms]].
* '''Played For Drama''':
** The show gets something so explicit past the radar that it costs everyone their jobs and gets the show canceled.
** The creators of the show want to give a FamilyUnfriendlyAesop to its older fanbase but don't want younger fans to understand it until they are mature enough.
Back to GettingCrapPastTheRadar
%% Optional items, added after Conversed, at your discretion:
%%* '''Implied''': ???
%%* '''Deconstructed''': ???
%%* '''Reconstructed''': ???
%%* '''Played For Laughs''': ???