'''Basic Trope''': A character demands that his foe finish him off.
* '''Straight''': Jack, unable to fight, demands that his opponent stop toying with him and kill him, which has the opponent either kill him or (more often) say that he will spare him.
* '''Exaggerated''': Jack demands it after bruising himself tripping over a rock -- and from the rock.
* '''Downplayed''': ???
** Jack knows he's doomed and is exasperated with the wait.
** Jack [[DeathSeeker actually wants to die]].
** Jack has been seriously wounded and [[MercyKill wants to be put out of his misery]].
* '''Inverted''': Jack [[AintTooProudToBeg pleads for mercy]].
** Jack demands this, but when his opponent goes to do it, grovels.
** Jack's opponent simply ignores him.
* '''Double Subverted''':
** Jack's opponent gets him medical attention because he's out of his head with pain.
** Jack's opponent was waiting for TheMedic, so he can save him.
* '''Parodied''': Jack demands it in a paintball tournament.
* '''Zig Zagged''': Jack makes a speech about the value of life and the value of honor, leaving the foe very confused as to his desire. Foe makes a move to kill Jack, to which he screams "Wait don't do that!" Foe begins to walk away, and Jack again pleads "You're going to just leave me? Please! I'd rather die now!"
* '''Averted''': Characters all die without being incapacitated.
* '''Enforced''': "If he doesn't die on the battlefield, the logical option is to have him taken prisoner and tortured, and we can't get that past the censors."
* '''Lampshaded''': "I can't believe I'm really going to say this, but please kill me now."
* '''Invoked''': "Ah, this is the point at which you tell me to kill you, because you do not want to hear about it."
* '''Exploited''': ???
* '''Defied''': "I never will ask you for anything, DarkLord -- even my own death!"
* '''Discussed''': "If I had to peg you, I'd say you're the type who's [[HonorBeforeReason very big on honor.]] If I ever take you prisoner, you'll just tell me to kill you already. [[SarcasmMode I suppose I should respect that.]]"
* '''Conversed''': "You don't even have to ask me that. This is real life; I wouldn't be doing this if I wasn't out to kill you." ''Gunshot''
* '''Deconstructed''': Jack was more motivated by panicked fear of becoming a prisoner or a long death than courage.
* '''Reconstructed''': Well, it would have been AFateWorseThanDeath, and pain ''hurts''.
Back to GetItOverWith
%% Optional items, added after Conversed, at your discretion:
%%* '''Implied''': ???
%%* '''Plotted A Good Waste''': ???
%%* '''Played For Laughs''': ???
%%* '''Played For Drama''': ???