'''Basic Trope''': An important piece of spy gear is compressed into a package that is worn about the wrist.
* '''Straight''': Secret Agent Bob has a wrist-mounted laser.
* '''Exaggerated''': Secret Agent Bob has a wrist-mounted laser/taser/chainsaw/gatling gun.
* '''Downplayed''': Secret Agent Bob has a wrist-mounted microcommunicator and GPS.
* '''Justified''': It's easy to carry weapons around stealthily when they're lightweight and strapped to your wrist, and they can be disguised as a wristwatch - provided you can miniaturize the tech enough.
* '''Inverted''': Bob's gun tells the time.
* '''Subverted''': When he faces the BigBad, Bob presses a button on his watch. It displays the time.
* '''Double Subverted''': It actually displayed a ''timer''. The watch is a bomb in disguise.
** Bob's watch has any conceivable function, ''[[SpyKids except]]'' [[SpyKids for telling the time]].
** Bob's watch contains large amounts of normal-sized spy gear. He can barely lift his arm.
* '''Zig Zagged''':
-->'''Agent 606:''' "I will be safe, because currently on my arm is a device with any conceivable gadget I could need for escape or surveillance, aside from RocketBoots, of course."\\
'''[[NewMeat Agent 411-CE]]:''' "Oh, your wristwatch does all that?"\\
'''Agent 606:''' "No, that's just a wristwatch. This thing running all down my other arm, under the shirt sleeve, is the device. But it tells time, too, in all 26 time zones, since it's waterproof and my actual watch is not."
* '''Averted''': Bob's watch is just a watch.
* '''Enforced''': "It's a spy movie. His watch ''has'' to do something cool."
* '''Lampshaded''': "Let me guess, special Agent B.O.B, your watch is really a taser?"
* '''Invoked''': Bob is getting ready for the mission, finds a wrist-gadget, and takes it, assuming it does something cool.
* '''Exploited''': Bob passes gadget wristwatches out to those he works closely with.
* '''Defied''': The BigBad is sure to remove Bob's watch when Bob is captured.
* '''Discussed''': "Look at this, Agent Bob. This watch houses a laser, a comm device, [[BoringButPractical and a flashlight]]." "Uh-huh. Kinda strange, but [[RuleOfCool cool]]."
* '''Conversed''': "How can those superspies have a metal-cutting lasers in their watches? What year is this - 2633?"
* '''Implied''': We never actually see Bob's watch do anything other than tell the time but several characters recall times where he's used the watch to do cool spy stuff.
* '''Deconstructed''': Bob ends up DrivenToSuicide after his kid ends up killing himself accidentally by playing with his watch not knowing it had a lethal laser in it.
* '''Reconstructed''': ...and that is precisely why agents handle and store GadgetWatches just like one would handle and store real weapons.
Back to GadgetWatches, but the link probably has a couple extra functions...
%% Optional items, added after Conversed, at your discretion:
%%* '''Plotted A Good Waste''': ???
%%* '''Played For Laughs''': ???
%%* '''Played For Drama''': ???