'''Basic Trope''': Two characters do something innocuous that is a metaphor for having sex.
* '''Straight''': AliceAndBob get into [[ShowerOfLove the shower]] and literally [[LetsDuet sing together]].
* '''Exaggerated''': While they do so, CensorSteam comes up and it really looks like a SexyDiscretionShot except for the singing.
* '''Downplayed''': Alice and Bob are shown preparing to go to bed, and it always cuts to the next day, leaving plenty of room for things to happen between those periods.
* '''Justified''': AliceAndBob are StarfishAliens, and singing is how ''they'' have sex.
** Sex is a metaphor for something innocent.
** Alice is alone in the shower, singing.
** Alice and Bob start singing, but end up doing something completely different.
* '''Double Subverted''':
** But then Bob comes in and sings along with her, before opening the door and producing CensorSteam.
** Turns out, sex in the shower is a pain in the butt to pull off, so they settle for just singing.
* '''Parodied''': [[RightThroughTheWall The neighbors have a traumatized look on their faces]].
* '''Zig Zagged''': ???
** AliceAndBob actually have sex.
** AliceAndBob's relationship is not of a sexual or romantic nature, so nothing they do together is even remotely suggestive.
** "We want AliceAndBob to "express their love," buuut...this ''is'' a kids' show, so [[GettingCrapPastTheRadar we need them to have sex]] in a way that isn't ''really'' sexual."
** UsefulNotes/TheHaysCode or some other similar rules/laws governing what is/is not too morally objectionable for network TV/movies/literature/games in a particular place.
* '''Lampshaded''': "So what did you and Bob do last night, Alice?" "Well... we made beautiful music together... Literally! There's no euphemism there, really!"
* '''Invoked''': Bob sees Alice naked and singing in the shower and feels like joining her.
* '''Exploited''': ???
* '''Defied''': Bob doesn't want to encroach on Alice's private time, so he doesn't join her.
* '''Discussed''': ???
* '''Conversed''': ???
* '''Played For Drama''': Bob sings a duet with someone else, and [[YourCheatingHeart it affects his relationship with Alice]].
Back to GRatedSex
%% Optional items, added after Conversed, at your discretion:
%%* '''Implied''': ???
%%* '''Deconstructed''': ???
%%* '''Reconstructed''': ???
%%* '''Plotted A Good Waste''': ???
%%* '''Played For Laughs''': ???