'''Basic Trope''': A joke becomes unfunny because of a later event, in the story or in real life.
* '''Straight''': Bob's character ([[TheDanza also named Bob]]) makes an off-hand joke about having an aneurysm. A season or two later, Bob (either one) dies of an aneurysm.
* '''Exaggerated''': Alice makes a joke about spontaneous combustion, and explodes seconds later, leaving a gory and disgusting mess.
* '''Downplayed''': Bob's joke, and the coincidental pain he suffers later, is about a minor injury.
* '''Justified''': Bob (the actor) had already been diagnosed with a life-threatening aneurysm, and--having a [[AuthorAppeal personal taste]] for BlackComedy--had the line put in deliberately.
* '''Inverted''': HilariousInHindsight ([[Administrivia/RenamedTropes AKA Reverse Funny Aneurysm]]).
* '''Subverted''': Bob makes an aneurysm joke, but soon after, Alice's character ([[CreatorsPet the audience abhors]]) has an aneurysm.
* '''Double Subverted''': Bob's character deeply cares for Alice, and watching her suffer makes the earlier joke seem horrible.
* '''Parodied''': ???
* '''Zig Zagged''': ???
* '''Averted''': Neither Bob the character nor Bob the actor dies from an aneurysm.
* '''Enforced''': The show's cast is full of insensitive jerks with medical problems, so the odds of some kind of painful karmic backlash occurring to one of the characters is quite high.
* '''Lampshaded''': Immediately after making the aneurysm joke, Bob accidentally breaks a few mirrors, walks under a few ladders, and bumps into a guy dressed as the Grim Reaper for a costume party.
* '''Invoked''': Later writers found the joke insensitive, and have a ruptured aneurysm kill Bob (the character) for just this reason.
* '''Exploited''': It's Sweeps Week, and the show needs better ratings, so TonightSomeoneDies! Care to take three guesses who, and how it happens?
* '''Defied''': Bob's joke was about a survivable (but still quite painful) ailment, which Bob later contracts and is cured of.
* '''Discussed''': ???
* '''Conversed''': "Oh, man... that joke will be funny until about three seconds after the headlines announce Bob's death from a ruptured aneurysm."
Back to FunnyAneurysmMoment
%% Optional items, added after Conversed, at your discretion:
%%* '''Implied:''': ???
%%* '''Deconstructed''': ???
%%* '''Reconstructed''': ???
%%* '''Plotted A Good Waste''': ???
%%* '''Played For Laughs''': ???
%%* '''Played For Drama''': ???