'''Basic Trope''': Two characters who are rivals, but are rather friendly about it.
* '''Straight''': AliceAndBob are rivals, but they treat each other like the best of friends.
* '''Exaggerated''': Alice and Bob are rivals, but they happen to be [[PlatonicLifePartners closer than anyone would expect]].
** Alice and Bob aren't technically best friends, but they're rivals with [[WorthyOpponent genuine respect]].
** Although Alice and Bob's rivalry [[VitriolicBestBuds isn't that friendly, they still have respect for each other]].
** Just because Alice is on the OpposingSportsTeam is no reason for Bob to hate a someone he's always known.
** Alice and Bob enjoy competing with each other. They have their rivalry because it's fun for them.
* '''Inverted''': Alice and Bob are teammates who hate each other's guts.
* '''Subverted''': One or both members of the rivalry were just faking the amicability for some reason.
* '''Double Subverted''': BecomingTheMask kicks in.
* '''Parodied''': Nobody would have guessed they were rivals if not for their fights. Said fights [[LampshadedDoubleEntendre remind the other characters of]]... [[InterplayOfSexAndViolence something else entirely]].
* '''Zig Zagged''': Sometimes Alice and Bob are friendly for being rivals, sometimes they can't stand each others' guts.
** Alice and Bob are rivals who don't like or respect each other.
** Alice and Bob don't have a rivalry at all.
* '''Enforced''': "We don't have a place for mortal enemies on this show, but conflict is essential for a good plot... I think I know what to do."
* '''Lampshaded''': "What's up, Bob! Let's have a little friendly competition just for old times' sake."
* '''Invoked''': ???
* '''Exploited''': Someone who is in love with both Alice and Bob holds off telling any of them before finding out who is a better loser - by manipulating them into competing even more than they usually do.
-->'''Bob''': Look, Alice. Either you stop trying to one-up me in everything or you stop being all friendly with me when you're not. One or the other.
* '''Discussed''': "What, they're arguing over [[CavemenVsAstronautsDebate something pointless]] again?"
* '''Conversed''': "Alice and Bob on that show remind me a bit of me and my brother..."
* '''Implied''': Bob and Alice are never shown together, but occasionally they will both be seen with small bruises and other minor injuries. Whenever they're asked about it, they say that they "met up with this one person", grinning widely.
* '''Deconstructed''': Alice and Bob take their competitive attitudes too far and this [[WeUsedToBeFriends brings a permanent stain in their friendship]].
* '''Reconstructed''': After the point is driven home, they restart their friendship and tone down the competition.
Back to FriendlyRivalry.
%% Optional items, added after Conversed, at your discretion:
%%* '''Plotted A Good Waste''': ???
%%* '''Played For Laughs''': ???
%%* '''Played For Drama''': ???