'''Basic Trope''': A marriage that happens in the very early stages of a relationship.
* '''Straight''': AliceAndBob have been dating for 3 months, and get married.
** Alice and Bob have known each other all of a month, and get married.
** Alice and Bob get married after a week of knowing each other.
* '''Downplayed''': Alice and Bob get married after 6 months of dating.
** Alice and Bob really are [[OfficialCouple a match made in Heaven]], and [[LoveAtFirstSight they know it very early on]].
** Alice and Bob had sex, and [[ShotgunWedding must get married because Alice is (or may be) pregnant]], and her OverprotectiveDad and KnightTemplarBigBrother both [[MoreDakka insist on it]].
** Alice and Bob are going into an ArrangedMarriage. They aren't marrying for love, but for their families' interests.
** Alice and Bob come from a culture where a short courtship is common.
** Alice and Bob have known and loved each other for a long time, [[VictoriousChildhoodFriend possibly since childhood]], and they marry.
** Alice and Bob have both loved each other for a long time and still haven't married.
** Or Alice and Bob have only just started dating, but haven't yet discussed marriage, kids, etc.
** Alice and Bob have been dating for over a year, and marriage has yet to be mentioned.
** Alice and Bob had been friends for a while before they began dating.
** Alice and Bob aren't getting married, just moving in together.
** At first they believe they've found true love, and get engaged very quickly -- but then one or both parties decides to slow things down, and the relationship takes a more regular pace.
* '''Double Subverted''':
** But not exclusively.
** But they're engaged to be married in the near future.
** After about a month of a "regular pace," Bob and Alice simply elope.
** Alice and Bob had been friends first:\\
a) For a month!\\
c) Back when they were kids!
** Alice and Bob just met 5 minutes ago and get married.
** Dating for years before saying "I Do" is seen as weird.
* '''Zig Zagged''': [[RealLife Some couples marry early in their relationship, others marry much later.]]
** Alice and Bob marry after they've been dating exclusively for at least a year.
** Alice and Bob do not get married.
** The writer is a hopeless romantic, writing ChickLit.
** Alternatively, the writer is deconstructing the trope, because of SillyRabbitIdealismIsForKids.
* '''Lampshaded''': "Alice and Bob together forever...ALREADY?!"
* '''Invoked''': Bob proposes to Alice on their four-week anniversary...and Alice accepts.
* '''Exploited''': ???
* '''Defied''': Neither Alice nor Bob will even so much as ''discuss'' marriage until they've been together ''exclusively'' for at least a year, believing that a FourthDateMarriage will not be a healthy or happy one.
-->"You think they'll last?"\\
"It's hard to say...they haven't known each other that long..."
* '''Conversed''': "Wait, those characters just met! Why make them marry now?"
* '''Deconstructed''': Because Alice and Bob haven't known each other that long, their differences can cause problems. And what happens when the chemistry/butterflies/shiawase bubbles wear off? The marriage doesn't have a solid foundation, so it's a crapshoot whether or not it'll actually work out.
* '''Reconstructed''': Alice and Bob learn to compromise and work out their conflicts in a healthy manner. They also remember what's attractive about each other, even when Bob [[PermaStubble skips shaving for a day or two]], and even when Alice is [[HollywoodPudgy "retaining water."]] As a result, their hasty marriage is as [[HappilyMarried healthy]] as (or healthier than) that of couples that dated for years before tying the knot.
* '''Played For Laughs''': Alice (who is six months pregnant and out on the street) sees Bob at a bar, and gets her [[GirlPosse girlfriends]] to serve him "upside-down martinis" until he doesn't know what's what. She then drives him off to [[VivaLasVegas Vegas]], where they have a quickie-wedding. [[MyNameIsEarl The next morning, Bob has a hangover, and Alice has a husband.]]
* '''Played For Drama''': All the getting-to-know-each-other they have to do puts strain on Alice and Bob, both as individuals and as a couple. Can they get through it, and become stronger both as individuals and a couple? Or will they get divorced as quickly as they got married.
Back to FourthDateMarriage and by the way, congrats on the great spouse! Wait--you've known them for how long?
%% Optional items, added after Conversed, at your discretion:
%%* '''Implied''': ???
%%* '''Plotted A Good Waste''': ???