'''Basic Trope''': A boss has minions to fight alongside them.
* '''Straight''': When [[TheHero Bob]] confronts [[BigBad Emperor Evulz]], Evulz is assisted by his [[EliteMooks Elite Guards]].
** The ''guards'' can summon their own minions.
** Evulz summons his entire army.
* '''Downplayed''': There are only two or three guards.
* '''Justified''': Evulz knows the value of strength in numbers.
** Bob can summon his own soldiers.
** When fighting Evulz, Bob summons his RedShirtArmy.
** The guards are the real bosses and Evulz is the minion.
** When Evulz shows up, he order his underlings to get lost.
* '''Subverted''': The guards are just statues.
* '''Double Subverted''': Which Evulz brings to life as his own personal minions.
* '''Parodied''': Every time the heroes cut down a Mook, Evulz laments how much they cost... promptly before summoning another.
* '''Zig Zagged''': Evulz and his minions constantly switch out in different phases.
* '''Averted''': Evulz fights Bob one-on-one.
* '''Enforced''': "How do we make the villain compete with a team without being too hard?"
* '''Lampshaded''': "How many minions do you have?"
* '''Invoked''': Evulz decided that, as a BigBad, he needs minions to keep up his image.
** [[PuzzleBoss Bob tricks the Elite Guards into attacking Evulz]].
** Bob uses the Elite Guards as meat shields to protect himself from Evulz' attacks.
** Bob kills the Elite Guards in order to obtain more ExperiencePoints and/or [[RandomDrop Random Drops]].
* '''Defied''': Bob surrounds himself and Evulz [[BarrierWarrior with a force field]], cutting off the guards.
* '''Discussed''': "Why can't we just have a fair fight, without your stupid minions?"
* '''Conversed''': "Ever notice how the bad guy just sends in minions, instead of just fighting himself?"
* '''Deconstructed''': The constant spawning of minions makes Evulz unnaturally hard and, as a result, makes the fandom hate him as That One Boss and as a Dirty Coward.
* '''Reconstructed''': The developers meant for it to be like this, so his death is all the more satisfying.
* '''Played For Laughs''':
** Everytime a minion is killed, Evulz creates another out of his life force. This only exhausts Evulz, as they are very easy to kill.
** When the player actually attacks Evulz, he goes down in one hit.
* '''Played For Drama''': The heroes just killed several soldiers, with families and friends, just to defeat one guy. As they question their motives, Evulz gets away and/or succeeds in his plan.
Back to FlunkyBoss
->...and FlunkyBoss, FlunkyBoss, FlunkyBoss and FlunkyBoss
%% Optional items, added after Conversed, at your discretion:
%%* '''Implied''': ???
%%* '''Plotted A Good Waste''': ???
%%* '''Played For Laughs''': ???
%%* '''Played For Drama''': ???