'''Basic Trope''': A fictional drug.
* '''Straight''': Bob ingests TR-0PEs, a drug that [[TvTropesWillRuinYourLife causes the user to edit TV Tropes for a day, or else they will be weak and sickly]].
* '''Exaggerated''': Bob takes TR-0PEs, a drug that [[TvTropesWillRuinYourLife makes the user edit TV Tropes for the rest of their life, or else they will die]].
* '''Downplayed''': Bob takes TR-0PEs, a drug that [[TvTropesWillRuinYourLife makes the user have an affinity for editing TV Tropes]].
* '''Justified''': It's set in the [[NextSundayAD near future]], so it's not unreasonable that they would have new drugs.
* '''Inverted''': Bog ingests a real-life drug with all its realistic effects.
* '''Subverted''': Bob says he's taking TR-0PEs, but it's actually a slang term for a real life drug.
* '''Double Subverted''': Except the effects are entirely different, essentially [[CallASmeerpARabbit calling a smeerp a rabbit.]]
* '''Parodied''': Bob snorts TR-0PEs, which takes the form of a white powder causing cocaine-like effects, and repeatedly insists that the drug he's taking isn't cocaine.
* '''Zig Zagged''': Bob takes TR-0PEs, a fictional variant of a real-life drug but isn't the same drug in the fiction, but the effects are practically the same, apart from a few minor ones.
* '''Averted''': Bob takes real-life drugs.
* '''Enforced''': The author wants to do a hard-hitting exposé of drugs, but the age ratings for his work would go up if he showed real drugs, so he makes up a fictional one.
* '''Lampshaded''': "Huh, I never heard of TR-0PEs. Must be a new designer drug."
* '''Invoked''': In a VerySpecialEpisode, a character is seen ingesting TR-0PEs, and later being unable to stop editing TV Tropes.
* '''Exploited''': The fact that the drug is unknown means that there isn't any laws against it, so head shops and drug dealers make a killing by selling them and don't get caught by the police.
* '''Defied''': TR-0PEs is mostly ignored because everyone is under its effects anyway.
* '''Discussed''': "Funny how popular these TR-0PE things got. I mean, last week, never heard of it. Now every dealer's slinging it."
* '''Conversed''': "Jeez, why can't the writers just say it's PCP and get it done with?"
* '''Implied''': The drug's name isn't mentioned, but the effects don't match any real drug.
Back to FantasticDrug
%% Optional items, added after Conversed, at your discretion:
%%* '''Implied''': ???
%%* '''Deconstructed''': ???
%%* '''Reconstructed''': ???
%%* '''Plotted A Good Waste''': ???
%%* '''Played For Laughs''': ???
%%* '''Played For Drama''': ???