'''Basic Trope''': A character wears an eyepatch, or something else concealing one eye, to show their badassery or combat experience.
* '''Straight''': A character with an eyepatch over one eye is a total badass.
* '''Exaggerated''': Most of the cast is terrible in combat, and the guy with the eyepatch is feared throughout the universe for his world-destroying powers.
* '''Downplayed''': A character who wears an eyepatch is considered pretty cool.
** The reason the character lost the eye in the first place was because he spent a lot of time fighting in the past, and eventually became wounded; that's why he's so experienced when it comes to combat.
** Or the eyepatch is actually a magical item that grants the character wearing it extra power, enabling them to fight far better.
** A character with an eyepatch is not badass at all, and doesn't even look it.
** Or the badass character is highly skilled in combat due to his ThirdEye.
* '''Subverted''': A badass-looking character comes complete with eyepatch... but turns out to be worse in combat than the rest of the cast.
* '''Double Subverted''': The badass-looking character with the eyepatch isn't so good at fighting after all... but then he takes the eyepatch off, and it turns out that it's his [[PowerLimiter seal to prevent him from hurting people with his massive power]] on accident- he's actually really badass after all.
** The degree of power characters have is directly proportional to how many eyepatches they wear and/or how big they are, or at least everyone thinks so. Characters will voluntarily put out their own eyes to become more powerful.
** A character wears a patch over each eye, meaning he's ''twice'' as tough as anyone with just one.
** One of the other characters eventually snaps "take that damn eyepatch off!" -- turns out the eyepatch-wearer only wears it to look tough, and has perfectly functioning eyes.
** Someone with more than two eyes (say, aliens or monsters) put on eyepatches on all eyes except one, and by this trope become the most powerful combatant in the universe.
* '''Zig Zagged''': The badassitude of the character with an eyepatch varies widely at different points in the story.
* '''Averted''': Characters in the series who have eyepatches are no more experienced with fighting than the ones who don't.
* '''Enforced''': The actor who plays the series' badass loses an eye in RealLife, so the creators decide to [[RealLifeWritesThePlot give his character an eyepatch]] without reducing the character's combat prowess.
* '''Lampshaded''': "Don't mess with me or my badass eyepatch if you value your life!"
* '''Invoked''': A character with two fully-functioning eyes starts wearing an eyepatch in the hopes of increasing his badassery as a consequence.
* '''Exploited''': Bob takes advantage of the eyepatch guy's blindspot.
* '''Defied''': When he loses an eye and starts wearing an eyepatch, a character refuses to go into combat situations anymore after the incident.
* '''Discussed''': "Watch out- one of the guys on the other side has an eyepatch. Probably means he's really strong- I saw a movie like that once."
* '''Conversed''': "Hey, look at that guy with the eyepatch in the background! Bet you ten bucks he takes down the entire opposing side."
* '''Deconstructed''': The consequences of having an eyepatch are explored - the character may be more experienced in combat, but the loss of depth perception makes him vulnerable. The eyepatch may be a MagicFeather.
** A Person lost their eye in an earlier fight, and trains hard to make sure he isn't caught off-guard again.
** The character is actually using the eyepatch to [[Series/MythBusters improve his/her night vision.]]
Back to EyepatchOfPower
%% Optional items, added after Conversed, at your discretion:
%%* '''Implied''': ???
%%* '''Plotted A Good Waste''': ???
%%* '''Played For Laughs''': ???
%%* '''Played For Drama''': ???