'''Basic Trope''': Barrels filled with explosive material which explode when shot.
* '''Straight''': The game has quite a few barrels around environments which explode when shot.
** Exploding barrels play a major role in this game and can be found everywhere.
** There are special barrels which, when shot, produce a huge mushroom cloud like explosion.
** The barrels explode when even slightly touched.
* '''Downplayed''': In one area, bombs hidden in barrels are packed around a support. The character is supposed to shoot them later to take out the support,but otherwise the barrels don't explode.
** Those barrels can be found in a military firing range and are used for training.
** The barrels contain a liquid which ignites when exposed to air.
* '''Inverted''': Those barrels actually heal anything around them when shot.
* '''Subverted''': An exploding barrel is shot but it goes "Hssss" sound while running empty from the holes.
* '''Double Subverted''': A barrel is shot. It does nothing first. Then, after 30 seconds, it explodes.
* '''Parodied''': The enemies are ordered to stay next to them and carry them around.
* '''Zig Zagged''': Sometimes the barrels explode, sometimes they don't.
* '''Averted''': The barrels in the game are not explosive.
* '''Enforced''': The game is am intentional Serious Sam clone. Without exploding barrels there'd be no way to beat the hundreds of monsters swarming you.
* '''Lampshaded''': "Isn't it dangerous to store explosives out in the open like this?"
* '''Invoked''': A character puts explosive chemicals in a barrel to make it explosive.
* '''Exploited''': A character, knowing that appropriately marked barrels will explode, shoots one which happens to be near a group of enemies.
* '''Defied''': Any explosive material will be kept in special storage rooms and in safe containers.
* '''Discussed''': "Quick! Head for that store-room full of conspicuously-placed barrels! We'll blow those mooks to high heaven!"
* '''Conversed''': "Dude, when you're playing this game you ''need'' to aim for the barrels when they're all clumped around them like that!"
* '''Deconstructed''': The barrels explode easily because they are made of easily combustible material, which is a serious safety hazard. The company that makes the barrels is sued for negligence and shut down.
* '''Reconstructed''': The manufacturer makes the barrels bulletproof. However, players can destroy them with explosive weapons like rocket launchers, [[StuffBlowingUp causing impressive chain explosions]].
Back to ExplodingBarrels
%% Optional items, added after Conversed, at your discretion:
%%* '''Implied''': ???
%%* '''Plotted A Good Waste''': ???
%%* '''Played For Laughs''': ???
%%* '''Played For Drama''': ???