'''Basic Trope''': Something is accurately described by its name.
* '''Straight''': A film called ''Bob Becomes a Zombie'' is about Bob becoming a zombie.
** The film is called ''A Guy Named Bob Is Bitten By a Zombie And Turns Into One Himself'' and this is literally all that happens in it.
** The film is titled ''Three Hundred Twenty-Five Zombies Escape From Eternal Imprisonment Under The Island Of Java And Two Of Them Bite A Lawyer Named Bob Causing Him To Turn Into A Zombie Himself Where From Then On He Rampages Throughout New York City And Destroys Two Gift Shops, A Supermarket, And Blows Up An SUV Forcing His Friend Alice To Chase After Him For An Hour Until She Defeats All Of The Other Zombies Using A Magical Sword She Found At A Strange Antique Shop And Returns Bob Back To His Original Form''.
** That's nothing! How about this: Every single, little, last, detail down to what happens in the background is stated in the title.
** The title is literally the entire script of the film.
* '''Downplayed''': ''Zombie Adventures'' is pretty SelfExplanatory, yet exactly what the adventures are can only be answered by watching the film.
* '''Justified''': Bob is a very important figure and the film wants to document and inform the masses about this transformation perfectly.
** The film is actually about a zombie becoming a guy named Bob.
** The film is called ''Bob Becomes a Zombie'', but there are no zombies or in it and none of the characters is named Bob.
** Bob goes through several stages of the transformation, but then turns into a tomato.
** ''Bob Becomes a Zombie'' begins with a scene where Bob is bitten by a zombie, but it turns out to be Bob's dream and the rest of the movie is about something else.
* '''Double Subverted''': ... and ''then'' he turns into a zombie. The tomato form was just an odd stage of the metamorphosis.
** A TV show with a WordSaladTitle is perfectly described by it.
** SesquipedalianLoquaciousness describes something perfectly when translated to LaymansTerms.
* '''Zig Zagged''': Some scenes revolve around Bob's infection while others are about [[Series/MontyPythonsFlyingCircus something completely different.]]
* '''Averted''': The film is named ''Bob''. The title is related to the film, but you wouldn't be able to tell what it's about without watching it.
* '''Enforced''': "How are people going to know what the show is about without an accurate name?"
* '''Lampshaded''': [[NoFourthWall "The title clearly states 'Bob Becomes a Zombie!' What did you think would happen?"]]
* '''Invoked''': "We want to make sure that [[ViewersAreMorons the audience isn't confused when watching this]]...Let's give it a descriptive name!"
* '''Exploited''': ???
* '''Defied''': "Damn it, no! I won't let that stupid title be true!"
* '''Discussed''': ???
* '''Conversed''': "Ah, I love it when movies spell out what's in them in the title."
** Bob is the SoleSurvivor of a ZombieApocalypse and has just been bitten, the film goes into detail about how tragic living like a zombie is as he struggles through his infection.
** Bob doesn't turn into a zombie until the very end, making the [[SpoilerTitle title a spoiler]].
Back to ExactlyWhatItSaysOnTheTin
%% Optional items, added after Conversed, at your discretion:
%%* '''Implied''': ???
%%* '''Reconstructed''': ???
%%* '''Plotted A Good Waste''': ???
%%* '''Played For Laughs''': ???
%%* '''Played For Drama''': ???