'''Basic Trope''': Something is accurately described by its name.
* '''Straight''': A film called ''Bob Becomes a Zombie'' is about Bob becoming a zombie.
** The film is called ''A Guy Named Bob Is Bitten by a Zombie and Turns Into One Himself'' and this is literally all that happens in it.
** The film is titled ''Three Hundred Twenty-Five Zombies Escape from Eternal Imprisonment under the Island of Java and Two of Them Bite a Lawyer Named Bob, Causing Him to Turn Into a Zombie Himself, Whereupon He Rampages Throughout UsefulNotes/NewYorkCity and Destroys Two Gift Shops, a Supermarket, and Blows up an SUV, Forcing His Friend Alice to Chase after Him for an Hour until She Defeats All of the Other Zombies Using a Magical Sword She Found at a Strange Antique Shop and Returns Bob Back to His Original Form''.
** That's nothing! How about this: Every single, little, last, detail down to [[FunnyBackgroundEvent what happens in the background]] is stated in the title.
** The title is literally the entire script of the film.
* '''Downplayed''': ''Zombie Adventures'' is pretty SelfExplanatory, yet you can only learn exactly what the adventures are by watching the film.
* '''Justified''': Bob is a very important figure and the film wants to document and inform the masses about this transformation perfectly.
** The film is actually about a zombie becoming a guy named Bob.
** The film is called ''Bob Becomes a Zombie'', but there are no zombies in it and none of the characters is named Bob.
** Bob goes through several stages of the transformation, but then turns into a tomato.
** ''Bob Becomes a Zombie'' begins with a scene where Bob is bitten by a zombie, but it turns out to be Bob's dream and the rest of the movie is about something else.
* '''Double Subverted''':
** ...and ''then'' he turns into a zombie. The tomato form was just an odd stage of the metamorphosis.
** Bob lives in an environment where YourMindMakesItReal, and the first time he appears on camera again, he has begun transforming into an undead being.
** A WordSaladTitle perfectly describes the TV show to which it is attached.
** SesquipedalianLoquaciousness describes something perfectly when translated to LaymansTerms.
* '''Zig Zagged''': Some scenes revolve around Bob's infection while others are about [[Series/MontyPythonsFlyingCircus something completely different]].
* '''Averted''': The film is named ''[[ProtagonistTitle Bob]]''. The title is related to the film, but you wouldn't be able to tell what it's about without watching it.
* '''Enforced''': "How are people going to know what the show is about without an accurate name?"
* '''Lampshaded''': [[NoFourthWall "The title clearly states 'Bob Becomes a Zombie!' What did you think would happen?"]]
* '''Invoked''': "We want to make sure that [[ViewersAreMorons the audience isn't confused when watching this]]...Let's give it a descriptive name!"
* '''Exploited''': Alice has [[MediumAwareness an ironclad excuse]] to keep her gun pointed at Bob all day long.
* '''Defied''': "Damn it, no! I won't let that stupid title be true!"
* '''Discussed''': ???
* '''Conversed''': "I love when movies spell out what's in them in the title."
** Bob was the SoleSurvivor of a ZombieApocalypse and has just been bitten; the film goes into detail about how tragic living like a zombie is as he struggles through his infection.
** Bob doesn't turn into a zombie until the very end, making the [[SpoilerTitle title a spoiler]].
Back to ExactlyWhatItSaysOnTheTin
%% Optional items, added after Conversed, at your discretion:
%%* '''Implied''': ???
%%* '''Reconstructed''': ???
%%* '''Plotted A Good Waste''': ???
%%* '''Played For Laughs''': ???
%%* '''Played For Drama''': ???