'''Basic Trope''': The title of a work tells you ''exactly'' what the work is about.
* '''Straight''': A film called ''Bob Becomes a Zombie'' is about Bob becoming a zombie.
** The film is called ''A Guy Named Bob Is Bitten by a Zombie and Turns into One Himself'' … which is literally all that happens in the film.
** The film is titled ''Three Hundred Twenty-five Zombies Escape from Eternal Imprisonment under the Island of Java, Two of Which Bite a Lawyer Named Bob, Causing Him to Turn into a Zombie Himself, Whereupon He Rampages through UsefulNotes/NewYorkCity and Destroys Two Gift Shops, a Supermarket, Blows up an SUV, and [[ArsonMurderAndJaywalking Doesn’t Brush His Teeth Afterward]], [[spoiler:Forcing His Friend Alice to Chase after Him for an Hour until She Defeats All of the Other Zombies Using a Magical Sword She Found at a Strange Antique Shop and Returns Bob to His Original Form]]''.
** The title is literally the entire script of the film.
* '''Downplayed''': ''Zombie Adventures'' is a fairly SelfExplanatory title, but you have to watch the film to learn just what those adventures entail.
* '''Justified''': Bob is a very important figure and the film wants to document and inform the masses about this transformation perfectly.
** The film is actually about a zombie becoming a guy named Bob.
** The film is called ''Bob Becomes a Zombie'', but it includes neither zombies nor characters named Bob.
** Bob goes through several stages of the transformation, but then turns into a tomato.
** ''Bob Becomes a Zombie'' begins with a scene where Bob is bitten by a zombie, but it turns out to be [[AllJustADream Bob’s dream]] and the rest of the movie is about something else.
* '''Double Subverted''':
** …and ''then'' he turns into a zombie. The tomato form was just an odd stage of the metamorphosis.
** Bob lives InAWorld where YourMindMakesItReal, and the first time he appears on camera again, he ''has'' begun transforming into an undead being.
** A WordSaladTitle perfectly describes the TV show to which it is attached.
** SesquipedalianLoquaciousness describes something perfectly when expressed in LaymansTerms.
* '''Zig Zagged''': Some scenes revolve around Bob’s infection while others are about [[Series/MontyPythonsFlyingCircus something completely different]].
* '''Averted''': The film is named ''[[ProtagonistTitle Bob]]''. The title is related to the film, but you wouldn’t be able to tell what it’s about without watching it.
* '''Enforced''': “How will people know what the show is about without an accurate name?”
* '''Lampshaded''': [[NoFourthWall “The title clearly states ‘Bob Becomes a Zombie!’ What did you think would happen?”]]
* '''Invoked''': “We want to make sure the audience isn’t confused when watching this … Let’s give it a descriptive name!”
* '''Exploited''': Alice has [[MediumAwareness an ironclad excuse]] to keep her gun pointed at Bob all day long.
* '''Defied''': “Damn it, no! I won’t let that stupid title be true!”
* '''Discussed''': ???
* '''Conversed''': [[SarcasmMode “I]] ''[[SarcasmMode love]]'' [[SarcasmMode when movie titles say exactly what the events of the movie are.”]]
** Bob was the SoleSurvivor of a ZombieApocalypse and has just been bitten; the film goes into detail about how tragic living like a zombie is as he struggles through his infection.
** Bob doesn’t turn into a zombie until the very end, making the [[SpoilerTitle title a spoiler]].
Back to ExactlyWhatItSaysOnTheTin
%% Optional items, added after Conversed, at your discretion:
%%* '''Implied''': ???
%%* '''Reconstructed''': ???
%%* '''Plotted a Good Waste''': ???
%%* '''Played for Laughs''': ???
%%* '''Played for Drama''': ???