'''Basic Trope''': The mother of one of the characters is an antagonist, sometimes the BigBad.
* '''Straight''': [[TheHero Alice]]'s mother, Betty, is one of the villains.
* '''Exaggerated''': Alice's mother, [[GodSaveUsFromTheQueen Queen Betty the Terrible]], wants to kill her with her own hands along with all of her siblings because she can't stand her children.
* '''Downplayed''': Alice's mother, Betty is kind of annoying and self-centered, and sometimes gets in the way of her daughter's plans.
* '''Justified''': Alice's parents live in an UnholyMatrimony and her mother is just as bad as her father, if not worse.
* '''Subverted''': Betty might seem to be in league with the villains, except that she's a ReverseMole there, to keep them from harming her daughter.
* '''Double Subverted''': That's what she says, while in reality she's just in it for the power and doesn't give a damn about any of her children.
* '''Parodied''': A first-time pregnant girl reads a book labeled "From nubile to EvilOverlord: a mother's guide."
* '''Zig Zagged''': ???
* '''Averted''': Alice is an orphan.
* '''Enforced''': [[FreudianExcuse The author is estranged from his or her mother, and can't help but portray mother figures in his or her story as monstrous]].
** "If you think my father was an asshole, wait before you meet my bitch of a mother."
** "You won't stand in my way, child of mine! ''No one'' stands in the way of Queen Betty the Terrible!"
* '''Invoked''': MonsterIsAMommy
* '''Exploited''': Evulz allies himself with TheHero's mother to oppose him/her.
* '''Defied''': "I may not be the best mother around, but I won't let you kill my daughter."
* '''Discussed''': ???
* '''Conversed''': ???
"You must go back to EvilMatriarch!" "No, Mom, NOOO!!!"
%% Optional items, added after Conversed, at your discretion:
%%* '''Implied''': ???
%%* '''Deconstructed''': ???
%%* '''Reconstructed''': ???
%%* '''Plotted A Good Waste''': ???
%%* '''Played For Laughs''': ???
%%* '''Played For Drama''': ???