'''Basic Trope''': A villain gloats to the hero.
* '''Straight''': Maximilian the Magnificently Mad captures the superhero Dr. Knight and tells him how he will blow up the city.
* '''Exaggerated''': Maximilian texts, emails, phones, and shouts at any hero he knows of with all the details of his plan.
* '''Downplayed''': Maximilian occasionally hints to a prisoner that something interesting is coming up.
* '''Justified''': Who but Dr. Knight has the mind to appreciate the marvelous cunning of his plan? Everyone else will just think he used a bomb.
** Dr. Knight has defeated Maximilian the Mad, and he gloats about how this victory will be beneficial to Knight and all other good people, and once he's done making this point, he goes on to describe how miserable Maximilian will be while he is locked up in jail. And he does this in the same LargeHam tones of voice that characterize so much of the EvilGloating on part of the villains.
** Maximillian gives an increasingly agitated rant about all the difficulties he's encountered as he put his plan into motion.
* '''Subverted''': Maximilian declares, "I might as well tell you my plan." And leaves.
* '''Double Subverted''': To announce it from another room, over the speaker.
* '''Parodied''': Maximillian starts gloating evilly about stuff that has nothing to do with the current situation at all.
* '''Zig Zagged''': Maximillian starts gloating, then stops, makes sure Dr. Knight is fully restrained, then resumes gloating.
* '''Averted''': Maximillian doesn't gloat at all.
* '''Enforced''': The writer needs a way to reveal what Maximillian is up to, and chooses to have the villain explain his plan while gloating to the hero.
* '''Implied''': Maximillian leaves a note in Dr. Knight's cell before setting off on his evil plan. We don't see what the note says, but Dr. Knight's reaction upon reading the note suggests that he knows how to put an end to the plan and escape.
* '''Lampshaded''': "Maximilian, you make that same speech every time you capture me. Ever notice how I always escape?"
* '''Invoked''': "But before I die, what was all this about in the first place?"
* '''Exploited''': Sonic Sam get Dr. Knight to suit him up with sonic powers, because if he can hear Maxmilian's gloating, that means sound can get through, and so can his powers.
* '''Defied''': Someone (whether the hero, or a fellow villain who finds this gloating in poor taste) tells Maximilian to ShutUpHannibal before he really gets started.
* '''Discussed''': "The villains in the [[YouWatchTooMuchX spy novels I read in high school]] would have given an extended, gloating speech at this point. But Maximilian simply gave a smug smile, and left the room to get on with his business."
* '''Conversed''': The writers of this comic book are so old-fashioned. They actually have the villain gloat evilly and explain his plan to the hero, instead of just shooting her."
* '''Played For Laughs''': Maximillian presents his plan to Dr. Knight in the form of a sock puppet show performed by his minions.
* '''Played for Drama''': Maximillian presents his plan to Dr. Knight while standing together with him on the ConveyorBeltOfDoom.
You fool! You think you can escape from this page? There's no escape from here! You'll never find your way back to EvilGloating!
%% Optional items, added after Conversed, at your discretion:
%%* '''Deconstructed''': ???
%%* '''Reconstructed''': ???
%%* '''Plotted A Good Waste''': ???