'''Basic Trope''': A thing that is usually safe is harmful in a video game.
* '''Straight''': Bob is in a forest, but if he [[CollisionDamage touches the deer or birds he gets hurt]].
* '''Exaggerated''': If Bob touches anything such as rocks, tree stumps, and even the floor, [[LudicrousGibs he explodes in a shower of gore]]. Even the stationary NPC are too lethal to touch.
* '''Downplayed''': Bob is in a forest. Lingering too close to deer or birds will get them attacking him, but if he moves away then they will not bother him.
** The animals will only fight back if Bob hurts them first.
** The villain made every object a HappyFunBall.
** Bob lives in either Australia or Siberia.
** Bob is on a planet ruled by a hostile GeniusLoci.
** Bob lives in a DeathWorld.
** Bob gets shot at by a minion but doesn't lose any life.
** Bob's trying to die; in response, everything and everyone is trying to keep him ''alive''.
** Bob is [[OmnicidalManiac trying to kill everything]].
* '''Subverted''': A bird charges towards Bob, but inflicts no damage.
* '''Double Subverted''': The knockback from the bird's attack pushes Bob into a trap.
** A chair suddenly comes to life and tries to eat Bob.
** Bob is placed as the number one on a wanted list. Everything tries to kill him because of that.
* '''Zig Zagged''': During his first visit to the forest, the deer and birds are harmful to Bob, but on his second visit they do no damage.
* '''Averted''': All the enemies are things that make sense as enemies.
* '''Enforced''': The developers couldn't think of any enemies that fit in with the theme of the level, so they just made random things into enemies.
* '''Lampshaded''': "These are things that shouldn't be killing me, why are they killing me?"
* '''Invoked''': Emperor Evulz genetically engineered the deer and birds to be coated in poison.
* '''Exploited''': Bob, who has years of experience with the Forest of Death, lures pursuers into it to meet the deer and birds.
* '''Defied''': Bob brings a big rifle and starts killing deer and birds from the distance, just in case.
* '''Discussed''': "Don't touch anything, or you'll regret."
* '''Conversed''': "Ever noticed how in video games, everyone and everything tries to kill you?
* '''Deconstructed''': Bob becomes afraid to leave his house because he will get attacked if he goes outside.
* '''Reconstructed''': Bob learns various self-defense techniques in order to protect himself from the enemies.
* '''Played For Laughs''': Bob goes through a FailureMontage full of AmusingInjuries from unexpected sources.
* '''Played For Drama''': Being constantly attacked results in Bob resolving that, [[ZeroPercentApprovalRating since the world's out to get him anyway]], [[TheDogBitesBack he]] [[OmnicidalManiac should]] [[ThenLetMeBeEvil respond]] [[WoobieDestroyerOfWorlds in kind.]]
[[EverythingTryingToKillYou Go back to the main page before this Playing With page kills you.]]
%% Optional items, added after Conversed, at your discretion:
%%* '''Implied''': ???