'''Basic Trope''': The story's ending is too long.
* '''Straight''': The climax features Alice and Bob defeating the evil Emperor Evulz in a climactic battle, and then Alice and Bob [[BoringReturnJourney return to their hometown]] to get married. While this would be a great place to end the story, it turns out they run into [[TheDragon Damien]], and it seems like they're going to fight, but it turns out [[HeelFaceTurn he's coming with them to start his life over]]. Then they get back and they're celebrated as heroes. Then we see the big wedding and what happened to the rest of the characters. Then Bob [[BrickJoke finally sends out that letter he wanted to mail at the beginning]]...
** ... And then their kids get married and have kids, then a new emperor gets instated, then Bob and Alice have marital problems having met on an adventure, then they resolve those problems, then Bobby Jr. joins the soccer team, then...
** An entire sequel is made to wrap up the loose ends.
* '''Downplayed''': Bob and Alice defeat Emperor Evulz, but their return journey takes roughly as long as the third act itself.
* '''Justified''': There were a lot of loose ends, and to end any sooner would [[LeftHanging leave the plot threads hanging]].
** Bob and Alice talk about all the plans they're going to make when they get back to town while RidingIntoTheSunset and their audio fades out.
** TheNarrator says, "Of course, [[LampshadeHanging we'll just skip all that boring stuff]] and [[BreakingTheFourthWall end it here.]]"
* '''Double Subverted''':
** Then it cuts back to Bob and Alice going home and doing what they set out to do.
** TheNarrator was [[BlatantLies lying]].
* '''Parodied''': The [[BreakingTheFourthWall characters themselves]] are asking, "[[LampshadeHanging When is this ending going to end?!]]," groaning each time it cuts to a new scene.
* '''Zig Zagged''': It seems like there will be a long ending sequence, but then the credits begin to roll. Then, just as the credits are a fifth of the way done, it immediately cuts back to the movie, but then the credits continue rolling under the movie, but then the scene ends and it's just the credits, but then a little window pops up showing what happened to the other characters while the credits roll. Then, after it's all over, there's [[TheStinger a twenty-minute scene after the credits]]. Then [[OverlyLongGag that scene has its own credits]].
** All of the loose ends are wrapped up as Bob and Alice defeat Emperor Evulz. There is a brief resolution where Bob and Alice plan to return home and get married [[OffscreenInertia offscreen]], and the story ends.
** There are no loose ends, and the ending is short and sweet.
** "We have to make sure the audience knows absolutely everything that happened to everyone after the plot is wrapped up!"
** The point of the story is to show that [[ItsTheJourneyThatCounts the adventure is more exciting than the aftermath]].
** "This ending is taking forever!"
** "The adventure's over. If this were a movie, the credits would've been rolling thirty minutes ago."
** Emperor Evulz sets up so many subplots that there is no way Bob or Alice could ever get home after they beat him, therefore winning via XanatosGambit.
** Emperor Evulz has set up so many subplots that the journey back itself will be just as dangerous as their fight against him.
* '''Exploited''': ???
** Bob and Alice decide the adventure has gone long enough and [[BystanderSyndrome they don't care about wrapping up everything else.]]
** Bob and Alice tell the narrator or audience "[[BreakingTheFourthWall I think that's quite enough.]]"
* '''Discussed''': "Well, that's that. We don't need a long, drawn-out ending."
* '''Conversed''': "I love adventure movies. I just don't like those endings where they have to show you what happened to ''every - single - character''. Or worse, they bring up a bunch of random subplots that just don't go anywhere."
* '''Deconstructed''': Life after defeating Emperor Evulz becomes boring and pointless for Alice and Bob, sending them into a downward spiral of depression and emptiness as they [[DesperatelyLookingForAPurposeInLife question what they're going with their lives.]]
* '''Reconstructed''': It turns out this new problem has enough drama to create its own story.
* '''Played For Laughs''': Whenever AliceAndBob think that ''this'' must be the last loose end, someone points out another one. This continues until everything really is resolved.
* '''Played For Drama''': It turns out the widespread effects of the story were actually [[DownerEnding much worse than Bob and Alice expected]], and the long ending drives home the horrible things they've done to get this far.
Back to EndingFatigue ... at long last!
%% Optional items, added after Conversed, at your discretion:
%%* '''Implied''': ???