'''Basic Trope''': A blond character is stupid.
* '''Straight''': Alice is a blonde character and is less intelligent than the others.
* '''Exaggerated''': Alice's hair is as colorless as corn silk and she is TooDumbToLive.
* '''Downplayed''': As a schoolgirl, Alice, the blonde, is BookDumb.
* '''Justified''': She finds her blond hair beautiful and wants it to be all anyone pays attention to so she won't say anything that shows that she's more than a pretty face.
** Whenever anyone has a problem they need an answer to, they go to the blonde because she is TheSmartGuy of the FiveManBand.
** The blonde is at the top of her class and intends to remain there despite anyone who might try to compete with her, so she wants them to know that they shouldn't even bother.
** The InsufferableGenius begins a BattleOfWits with the blonde character to bring attention to how dumb she is but she is smart enough to realize exactly what he is doing and call him on it.
** She turns out to be using ObfuscatingStupidity, showing she knows a lot about something.
** She is stupid, but her blonde hair was a dye-job. She's actually brown-haired.
* '''Double Subverted''':
** He persists and she tries to match him but ends up saying something really stupid.
** Except that she's just parroting some obscure facts that she memorized to impress. She doesn't even understand them.
** Blond hair dyes cause characters to grow stupid. Brown, black, red, purple etc. dyes restore IQ points.
** Every hair of blond deducts an amount of IQ points -- even if it's only one hair!
* '''Zig Zagged''':
** The blonde character is always coming up with stupid comments and moments of insight, until neither the audience nor the characters know whether she's a GeniusDitz, ObfuscatingStupidity, or TooDumbToFool.
** The blond has some common sense, stupid or no, and so is given DumbassHasAPoint moments throughout the series.
** The dumb characters of the story are redheads or brunettes.
** Alice is equally as intelligent as all the other students.
** A person's hair color is no measure for their intelligence.
* '''Enforced''': "You can't make her smart; everyone will think she's dumb no matter what you do."
* '''Lampshaded''': "Why are blondness and IQ genes linked?"
* '''Invoked''': Evulz overhears a prophecy that a blonde will try to rise up against him. So he makes sure every blonde is kept ignorant of the rest of the world, especially his evil dictatorship.
* '''Exploited''': Alice [[ObfuscatingStupidity acts dumb]], even though she is just as smart as everyone else, to lower their guards.
* '''Defied''': "I'm not letting my hair color limit what I learn!"
** "You see that blonde girl? I bet she's a moron."
** "You expecting me to be smart? I'm blond!"
* '''Conversed''': "Oh, a blonde character. I bet they've made her a moron."
** A blonde character has grown foolish owing to her lack of study, because no one will take anything she says seriously.
** Alice can't hold an intelligent conversation with those around her or do anything right. People are polite when she's around, but when she's gone, they complain about how worthless she is. This takes its toll on her self-esteem.
* '''Reconstructed''': Other blond characters cope; the Dumb Blonde had been weak to let it overcome her.
Back to DumbBlonde
%% Optional items, added after Conversed, at your discretion:
%%* '''Implied''': ???
%%* '''Plotted A Good Waste''': ???
%%* '''Played For Laughs''': ???
%%* '''Played For Drama''': ???