'''Basic Trope''': It's always a snowy winter in Christmas.
* '''Straight''': Whenever it's winter, it snows enough to give a nice, even coat on the ground.
** At midnight on the winter solstice, there is a huge snowfall that creates an instant "white Christmas."
** The setting is in ''Australia''.
* '''Downplayed''': Winter scenes are accompanied by sparse flurries of snowfall.
* '''Justified''': The story is set relatively far North, in a place that really does get regular and thick winter snowfall.
* '''Inverted''': The story is set in a place where winter is the Dry Season, and summer is the Wet Season.
* '''Subverted''': The characters walk through a field of snow, which turns out to be from the snow machine at a ski resort.
* '''Double Subverted''': …but the next day, there's a blizzard that leaves a ''real'' field of snow behind it.
* '''Parodied''': The setting makes snowing outright impossible, but a blizzard blew out anyway and the people were caught unprepared.
* '''Zig Zagged''': The story takes place over several years. Some of these years have thick snowfalls, but others don't.
* '''Averted''': The story is set in Florida, so no snow is present.
* '''Enforced''': The creators want to make Christmas magical.
* '''Lampshaded''': "As you can see by the greeting-card snowfall, it is winter."
* '''Invoked''': A weather machine is built to make snowing possible.
* '''Exploited''': ???
* '''Defied''': ???
* '''Discussed''': ???
* '''Conversed''': ???
Back to [[DreamingOfAWhiteChristmas Dreaming of a White Christmas]], and we can have a snowball fight!
%% Optional items, added after Conversed, at your discretion:
%%* '''Deconstructed''': ???
%%* '''Reconstructed''': ???
%%* '''Plotted A Good Waste''': ???
%%* '''Played For Laughs''': ???
%%* '''Played For Drama''': ???