'''Basic Trope''': A disclaimer telling the audience not to do try things in real life that they see in a show.
* '''Straight''': Alice and Bob host a kids' science show. After an experiment involving [[StuffBlowingUp explosives]], they purposefully warn viewers not to try it out for themselves.
* '''Exaggerated''': Alice and Bob give the same warning at end of every experiment, even the less dangerous ones.
** A written disclaimer appears in small print during the credits.
** The experiment ''can'' be tried at home, but only with an adult's supervision.
** Explosives are dangerous, and shouldn't be handled without the necessary training.
** Impressionable children might otherwise get the idea that it's okay to play with explosives.
* '''Inverted''': After an experiment involving thermite, Bob irresponsibly tells viewers to try it at home.
* '''Subverted''': After a tame experiment involving red cabbage dye, Alice says that it ''is'' safe to try at home.
* '''Double Subverted''': She goes on to say that the next part however, isn't safe.
** "Don't try this experiment at home. It involves [[ArsonMurderAndJaywalking flammable metals, poisonous gases and red cabbage indicator]]."
** A ton of safety disclaimers are shown when Alice and Bob are building an extremely safe experiment, like a mini-volcano set.
** A "do not attempt" disclaimer appears over a scene of Alice and Bob suing the network.
* '''Zig Zagged''': The original disclaimer was a joke. But when someone tries it at home, they start giving serious warnings. Later on they stop doing all but the safest experiments. But the safety warnings come back as a gag.
* '''Averted''': Alice and Bob do all manner of dangerous experiments, and there is no disclaimer.
** The network has to give people the disclaimer, otherwise they [[OurLawyersAdvisedThisTrope could get sued]] if people hurt themselves.
** They did it to shut the MoralGuardians up.
* '''Lampshaded''': "No really, don't."
* '''Invoked''': Bob gives the warning because he [[IAlwaysWantedToSayThat always wanted to say that]].
* '''Exploited''': Alice gives a positive spin on the disclaimer to encourage kids to pursue careers in science, where they really do get to try out awesome experiments.
* '''Defied''': Alice and Bob avoid doing anything so dangerous that it requires a warning.
* '''Discussed''': Bob explains to the audience what would happen if they did try it at home.
* '''Conversed''': "The thermite experiment looks awesome. Pity it's too dangerous?"
* '''Deconstructed''': Viewers ignore the warnings, and try it at home anyway.
* '''Reconstructed''': They warn viewers because someone actually did try it at home, and got hurt.
Don't you dare click [[DontTryThisAtHome this link]] at home. Don't you know [[TVTropesWillRuinYourLife the dangers]]?
%% Optional items, added after Conversed, at your discretion:
%%* '''Implied''': ???
%%* '''Plotted A Good Waste''': ???
%%* '''Played For Laughs''': ???
%%* '''Played For Drama''': ???