'''Basic Trope''': A character's father is missing or absent
* '''Straight''': Bob's father is absent from his life.
* '''Exaggerated''': Bob doesn't even know his father.
* '''Downplayed''': Bob's father is around [[WhenYouComingHomeDad but emotionally distant, and/or always too busy]] to be a part of his life.
* '''Justified''': DaddyHadAGoodReasonForAbandoningYou.
* '''Inverted''': Bob is the one who is completely absent from his father's life for reasons out of either of their control.
* '''Subverted''': It initially seems like Bob's dad is never about, but then we see him and his father having a good time together, and showing that they are apparently quite close.
* '''Double Subverted''': Until the villains kill the dad.
* '''Parodied''': ???
* '''Zig Zagged''': Perhaps because his work is seasonal, sometimes Bob's dad is at home and always there for him, and other times his dad is absent for long streches and completely out of touch with Bob.
* '''Averted''': Bob's dad is always there for him, regardless of what happens.
* '''Enforced''': One of the writers' father died before he was born, and he decides to apply this aspect of his life to a character.
* '''Lampshaded''': ???
* '''Invoked''': Bob's dad purposefully walked out if his sons life, perhaps because he thought he would be a bad influence on Bob.
* '''Exploited''': The villain tries to use Bob's father's absence to induce a breakdown in Bob.
* '''Defied''': Bob's dad goes to great lengths to be a part of his son's life regardless of what the world throws at him.
* '''Discussed''': ???
* '''Conversed''': ???
* '''Implied''': Despite him being a kid, Bob's dad is never brought up in any way, shape or form, leading the audience to belive that this was the case.
Dad, if you get this, come find me at DisappearedDad. I miss you.
%% Optional items, added after Conversed, at your discretion:
%%* '''Deconstructed''': ???
%%* '''Reconstructed''': ???
%%* '''Plotted A Good Waste''': ???
%%* '''Played For Laughs''': ???
%%* '''Played For Drama''': ???