'''Basic Trope''': A cool character's exterior is melted by the PowerOfLove.
* '''Straight''': Sophia is condescending and dismissive of Robert, until he valiantly saves her from her enemies, helps her bringing the children endangered by the enemy to safety, and brings her a bouquet of flowers.
* '''Exaggerated''': Sophia refuses to acknowledge Robert's existence until he kills every monster in the realm and gives her a factory's worth of boxed chocolate.
* '''Downplayed''': Sophia mellows after Robert manages to foil an assassination attempt. She still treats him like crap though.
* '''Justified''': Sophia has been burned badly by a slick false love and both wants to protect herself and does not trust her judgment.
** Sophia is madly in love with Robert, until he actually shows some interest in her; then she freezes.
** Sophia starts off as generally friendly towards Robert, if not exactly interested in him as a potential boyfriend. But the realization that Robert's feelings towards her may be as more than just as a friend causes her to become somewhat colder towards him, in order to make him stop pursuing her.
** When Sophia first meets Robert she acts kind towards him, but when she gets to know him more she sees his true self and starts acting coldly.
* '''Subverted''': Sophia was only pretending to be nice.
* '''Double Subverted''': Only to later admit she really does like him.
* '''Parodied''': Unappealing doofuses can win a princess of literal ice by making a romantic gesture.
* '''Zig Zagged''': ???
** No one is hard to get.
** All hard-to-get characters don't get anyone.
* '''Enforced''': "The romance subplot has to last through the trilogy; she has to play hard-to-get."
* '''Lampshaded''': "I can't be all smiling and welcoming. If I do, men will walk all over me and women will call me a whore."
* '''Invoked''': "Men are hunters at heart so ,to them, cold women are like an elusive prey. Winning their heart is all the more validating. Why do you think Sophia is so popular despite her frigid bitch act?"
* '''Exploited''': Sophia's friends deliberately [[TheMatchmaker pair her up with Robert]] in the knowledge that she will become nicer towards everyone once he wins her heart.
* '''Defied''': Robert choses the sweet GirlNextDoor despite the attractiveness of the Ice Queen, because she's too hard to get.
* '''Discussed''': "Why are you such a bitch, Sophia?" "I'm not. I'm just keeping my dignity intact, that's all."
* '''Conversed''': "Cold women usually have a warmer heart, trust me."
* '''Deconstructed''': Robert is ignoring Amelia, superior in every way, and in love with him, for Sophia just because she's hard to get, because he insists that MyGirlIsNotASlut and assumes any interest in him is proof of sluttishness.
** Amelia, it turns out, is a ClingyJealousGirl. Something warned Robert off.
** Amelia falls in love with someone else the next week. And a third man the week after that. . . meanwhile, once Robert wins Sophia, they settle down, HappilyMarried.
Back to DefrostingIceQueen, you spoony simpleton...
%% Optional items, added after Conversed, at your discretion:
%%* '''Implied''': ???
%%* '''Plotted A Good Waste''': ???
%%* '''Played For Laughs''': ???
%%* '''Played For Drama''': ???