'''Basic Trope''': A character appears to have died, but is later revealed to be alive.
* '''Straight''': Walter performs a HeroicSacrifice so that Lilly can escape the CollapsingLair. However, he was saved at the last second by a pixie [[LaserGuidedKarma they had helped earlier]].
** Walter gets turned into a fine red mist courtesy of [[BigBad Emperor Evulz]], only to spontaneously develop the power to heal FromASingleCell.
** DeathIsCheap; Characters can die, but won't stay dead, thus achieving an even greater amount of false suspense.
* '''Downplayed''': Walter survives what should have been a killing blow, but loses his memories, which never fully return.
* '''Justified''': DeathIsCheap because Walter had previously [[CloningGambit created a copy]] of himself with [[BrainUploading all his memories]] [[CrazyPrepared in case of such an event.]]
** Lilly and Walter escape the collapsing lair, and just as it seems that all is well [[DownerEnding the monster grabs Walter by the ankles and drags him down.]] NoOneCouldSurviveThat.
** Lilly tries to resurrect Walter after he meets an unfortunate end, but epically fails.
** Lilly is overjoyed that Walter is NotQuiteDead, except... why are his eyes different? Oh no! It's Emperor Evulz using his ShapeShifting to pretend to be Walter!
** Alternatively, Walter seems to be dead, only to turn out alive... and then he dies anyway.
* '''Double Subverted''':
** Then the real Walter appears and beats up the shapeshifted Evulz.
** It turns out that it wasn't Walter who died, but [[OpeningACanOfClones a clone of him]] that was programmed to believe it was the original. Once he realizes what's going on, he creates a new, non-[[CloneDegeneration degenerated]] clone.
** [[TheyKilledKennyAgain Walter dies at the end of every episode, only to come back unharmed]]. He even has an intimate knowledge of five different afterlives because of it.
** It's actually quite obvious that Walter isn't dead, though his friends are unaware of that and still weep dramatically anyway.
* '''Zig Zagged''': Walter survived the gun shot, but just barely, except it was poison tipped. However, Lilly administers the antidote [[AntidoteEffect just in time]], allowing Walter to survive the poison... only for both to realize Walter has lost too much blood, as [[DiedInYourArmsTonight he dies in her arms.]]
* '''Averted''': Walter dies in a very definitive way, with [[SortingAlgorithmOfDeadness no ground for misinterpretation]].
* '''Enforced''': It's a children's movie, so everyone who dies (not including the bad necessarily) comes back later.
* '''Lampshaded''': "Golly gee Walter, you never seem to [[NeverSayDie get ki]]-- hurt! You must win the lottery every time you buy a ticket, you're so lucky!"
** Walter knows he's going to die, but to keep Lilly from losing hope he acts as though he'll come back later.
** Alternately, he [[LeaningOnTheFourthWall notes that]] in stories like this, the brave character nobly sacrificing himself usually turns up fine later, and wouldn't it be a shame if the MoralGuardians found out otherwise?
* '''Exploited''': ???
** Walter [[DeathSeeker wants to die]] for whatever reason, and intentionally goes out with a bang to make sure the threat is taken care of and he doesn't come back.
** Walter dies in a way that destroys a machine/magical device that would have been able to revive him.
* '''Discussed''': "Walter, we don't live in one of your children's stories where no one ever dies! If you do something reckless or stupid to be heroic, you'll really die!"
* '''Conversed''': "You'd think that with everyone turning up alive or being resurrected, no one would ever be afraid of death."
** Lilly becomes overly protective of Walter, who in turn has a nervous crisis over having been very close to permanently dying.
** Walter doesn't appear until weeks later, and his friends assuming the worst, prepare a funeral for him. During the funeral, however, he returns. [[DeconstructiveParody Cue a number of people complaining about the money it took to prepare the funeral, the pointlessness of it all, and how much time was put into their eulogies (the one who said it only gets out a sentence and starts crying).]]
* '''Reconstructed''': TheGrimReaper takes note of the imbalance in [[YouCantFightFate fates books]], and demands [[EquivalentExchange a life for a life.]]
(brushes self off) Ha HA! It'll take more than [[DroppedABridgeOnHim a measly collapsing bridge]] to get rid of the DisneyDeath page!
%% Optional items, added after Conversed, at your discretion:
%%* '''Implied''': ???
%%* '''Played For Laughs''': ???
%%* '''Played For Drama''': ???