'''Basic Trope''': When the boss has been defeated, you are treated to a cutscene of it being slain by TheHero.
* '''Straight''': [[TheHero Bob]] and [[BlackMagicianGirl Alice]] battle a dragon. As the battle ends Bob finishes it off in a cutscene with a swing of his sword.
* '''Exaggerated''': As the dragon's health gets low, Alice snaps her fingers and reduces it to ashes with a spell she didn't use at the start of the fight for some reason.
* '''Downplayed''': ???
** The purpose of lowering the dragon's HP was to weaken it to the point where Bob could land the killing blow.
** The killing blow could only be done at a certain point, such as a magical armor has been removed, and there would be no reason to have the gameplay use the one off spell in the actual battle.
** The victors aren't the ones to directly slay the dragon, such as (possibly voluntary) mind control.
** As the battle ends Bob and Alice are [[CutsceneIncompetence slain by the dragon]] despite having fought it quite well under the player's direction.
** Alternatively: The entire battle is shown as a cutscene, until the very end where you make the killing blow yourself.
** As Bob swings and Alice prepares her spell, the dragon gets up and eats them both in one gulp, he was holding back for the entire battle.
** Alternatively, Bob swings his sword, but stops just before meeting flesh, and offers the dragon a chance to surrender.
* '''Double Subverted''':
** [[TooSpicyForYogSothoth Then Bob and Alice destroy him from the inside.]]
** The dragon refuses, and is promptly finished off.
* '''Parodied''': Bob and Alice's enemies keep being alive after battles in increasingly less likely circumstances.
* '''Zig Zagged''': Some bosses die in cutscenes, some in gameplay, and [[ThatOneBoss one really annoying one]] is a PressXToNotDie situation.
* '''Averted''': When bosses have their HP lowered to 0 in gameplay they are dead with no questions asked in the following cutscene.
* '''Enforced''': "We need to make these battles more epic." "Lets end them with Bob finishing the guy off."
* '''Lampshaded''': "Hey, Alice. Do you reckon it's weak enough to finish off yet?"
* '''Invoked''': Bob and Alice are fighting a race of anchient demons called the [[PunctuationShaker Kun'trived]]. They must be killed by a blow from Bob's mystical sword in exactly the right manner to make sure they remain dead.
* '''Exploited''': A photographer follows them around until the end of the fight so they can get a picture of the final blow being delivered.
* '''Defied''': "Once he's down we keep going. We have neither the time or a reason to make sure they're dead."
* '''Discussed''': "It would be unbefitting a knight of honor to leave a worthy opponent to ignominously bleed in the dust."
* '''Conversed''': "Hey... Amazon Alice got the final hit on that monster, so why do we see Barbarian Bob run him through? He wasn't even in the party!"
* '''Deconstructed''': Bob is called out for always killing their opponent, rather than showing any mercy.
* '''Reconstructed''': Bob points out that he's making sure that their enemies [[MercyKill don't suffer]].
Click on the link to return to CoupDeGraceCutscene once and for all!
%% Optional items, added after Conversed, at your discretion:
%%* '''Implied''': ???
%%* '''Plotted A Good Waste''': ???
%%* '''Played For Laughs''': ???
%%* '''Played For Drama''': ???