'''Basic Trope''': The (supernatural) ability to peek into the next moment of combat, and plan accordingly.
* '''Straight''': Ellen can dodge anything the opponents throw at her, because she can see [[TimeTravelTenseTrouble how those attacks are going]] before they even begin.
* '''Exaggerated''': ...even in the case of MoreDakka, MacrossMissileMassacre, or ''FrickinLaserBeams''.
* '''Downplayed''': Ellen can see an attack before it happens, but can't react fast enough to do more than shout a warning.
** Ellen's psychic power allows her to see time in non-linear way.
** Ellen is a mind reader, and can peak at her opponent next move directly from his mind.
** Ellen's ability is learning from the attacks ''that have happened'' and planning for every possible next move, but not peeking into the next moment itself.
** Ellen can't see an enemy's attack before it happens, but she can see the result of ''her own'' attacks before she uses them and can use this information to perform the best attack for any situation.
* '''Subverted''': Turns out that Ellen have the more mundane KungFuClairvoyance.
* '''Double Subverted''': But when things gets really serious, she activates her CombatClairvoyance. She's just that awesome.
* '''Parodied''': Ellen use this ability to [[MundaneUtility win in a TV Quiz]].
* '''Zig Zagged''': Ellen has this ability, but it's not reliable, and doesn't cover attacks she wouldn't be able to see, so it fails at dramatically appropriate moments.
* '''Averted''': No one can mess with time in the story.
* '''Enforced''': ???
* '''Lampshaded''': "That move is damn impossible to counter!" "I saw it going before it happened."
* '''Invoked''': ???
* '''Exploited''': [[BigBad Emperor Evulz]] can ''also'' see his enemy's attacks before they happen, and he's better at it than Ellen. When the two of them fight, he uses this power to throw Ellen off-guard by planning to use one attack before actually using another.
* '''Defied''': [[BigBad Emperor Evulz]] mastered [[MartialArtsAndCrafts quantum-based martial arts]] to prevent his moves from being countered this way. So basically, he can choose ''which'' attack to happen in the next moment, and these are never the attack that Ellen peeked... [[TakeOurWordForIt So, yeah]].
* '''Discussed''': ???
* '''Conversed''': ???
** Since Ellen is such a master of dodging, she can't protect her allies when enemies start ganging on them.
** Ellen's enemy has SuperSpeed and thus can't dodge and counter her opponent's attacks.
* '''Reconstructed''': Ellen's CombatClairvoyance allow her to [[TakingTheBullet take]] [[HeroicSacrifice the]] [[strike:bullet]] [[strike:bullets]] ''[[MoreDakka dakka]]'' aimed at her allies. (Preferrably while carrying the BarrierWarrior Yoshino with her, otherwise she's toast.)
I saw you going back to CombatClairvoyance.
%% Optional items, added after Conversed, at your discretion:
%%* '''Implied''': ???
%%* '''Plotted A Good Waste''': ???
%%* '''Played For Laughs''': ???
%%* '''Played For Drama''': ???