'''Basic Trope''': Clones in fiction inevitably complain about "not being real" and/or [[ExpendableClone are treated as expendable by others]].
* '''Straight''': [[MadScientist Dr. Evilstein]] creates a clone of our hero, [[MeaningfulName Victor]]. The clone takes issue with the fact that he's not the real thing.
* '''Exaggerated''': Victor's clone starts spouting [[NietzscheWannabe pseudo-Nietzschean tripe]] the second he pops out of a cloning vat.
* '''Downplayed''': Clone!Victor insists on getting a new name and dyes his hair to avoid being "just a clone."
** Clones get depressed because they're treated by everyone as expendable.
** [[CloneDegeneration They age by several years per year (a clone of a 20-year-old is the genetic equivalent of a 40-year-old by age 2, 60 by 3, and dead by 4).]]
** Dr. Evilstein is an IneffectualLoner, so he makes a clone of himself to be his friend.
** Hundreds of identical clones have quite a lot of fun with MesACrowd and IAmLegion tropes. Maybe even a variant of the TwinSwitch for good measure.
** The original of Evilstein's clones is frightened to have copies of himself running around.
** Dr. Evilstein initially treats Victor's clone as a mere tool to further his world domination schemes, but later [[TrulySingleParent develops an attachment to him]].
** Victor's clone realizes he's a clone, but, once Dr. Evilstein is done with him, he's going to have the good time he's always wanted.
** [[TomatoInTheMirror Victor's clone does not know he's a clone.]]
* '''Double Subverted''':
** And then work becomes more and more tragic as CloneDegeneration sets in.
** Victor's clone is a StepfordSmiler.
* '''Parodied''': Dr. Evilstein uses Victor for casual supervillain practice and keeps re-cloning him while Victor whines incessantly in between comedic deaths.
* '''Zig Zagged''': Whether clones get whiny and whether being one actually sucks depends on a clone in question.
** [[ClonesArePeopleToo Clones are just like normal people, living ordinary lives and not thinking twice about their origins.]]
** No clones are involved in the story.
* '''Enforced''': ???
* '''Lampshaded''': "You can make a million of me, how'd you expect me to feel?"
* '''Invoked''': Dr. Evilstein seeks to get even with the hero Victor by creating clones of him, so that the clones would be depressed in place of the hero.
* '''Exploited''': Dr. Evilstien knows that the Victor clone will begin angsting once it finds out it's a clone, and uses that to get the clone to do bad things for him.
* '''Defied''': Dr. Evilstein programs out any sense of self-awareness in his clones to keep them from whining.
* '''Discussed''': "And now you'll whine about 'not being real' and such, huh?" "Nope, i don't see any reason to. Having hundreds of me run around is kinda fun".
* '''Conversed''': "Dr. Evilstein's next project should have been to clone a goddamn therapist for Victor".
* '''Deconstructed''': Victor's clone angst becomes a passion for revenge towards Dr. Evilstein and he secretly clones an army of himself to destroy the doctor, proving that he's not expendable to both himself and his creator.
* '''Reconstructed''': Once Evilstein is dead, the clone army begins to bitch and moan about their uselessness and lack of individuality.
Back to CloningBlues
%% Optional items, added after Conversed, at your discretion:
%%* '''Implied''': ???
%%* '''Plotted A Good Waste''': ???
%%* '''Played For Laughs''': ???
%%* '''Played For Drama''': ???