'''Basic Trope''': A character has a recurring remark.
* '''Straight''': [[FiremanSam Norman]] keeps tacking on "Oh mam!" when he gets told what to do by his mom.
** See VerbalTic, except with an entire CatchPhrase.
** [[PokemonSpeak Norman's speech is composed ''entirely'' of "Oh mam!".]]
* '''Downplayed''': Norman says "Oh mam!" every now and then, if his mom tells him what to do and he really, ''really'' doesn't want to do it. There are at least three instances of him saying it, but not much more than that.
* '''Justified''': Norman's CatchPhrase is a habit that he picked up, and his friends either don't mind it or think it's funny enough for him to keep using it.
** Norman will ''never'' say "Oh mam!", no matter what the circumstances.
* '''Subverted''': Norman says "Oh mam!" ''once'', but everyone thinks its a CatchPhrase.
* '''Double Subverted''': He then starts using that as a catchphrase.
* '''Parodied''': [[PokemonSpeak The only thing Bob says is "Oh mam!".]]
* '''Zig Zagged''': Norman's moan of "Oh mam!" is present in some episodes, completely absent in others, and varies in frequency.
* '''Averted''': Norman has no CatchPhrase.
* '''Enforced''': The writer says, "Oh mam!" a lot, so he makes the main character say that as well, so he won't feel alone.
* '''Lampshaded''': Elvis: "Norman really says, 'Oh mam!' often."
* '''Invoked''': Norman really likes that line, so he says it as much as he can.
* '''Exploited''': Norman loses his memory, and recalling his catch phrase is key to recovering the rest.
** Norman says "Oh mam!" twice, then stops saying it to avoid repeating himself over and over.
** Norman never says the same thing more than once.
* '''Discussed''': "We're in a cartoon, a cartoon has to have a catchphase!"
* '''Conversed''': "Like the way Bandit Keith is always going 'IN AMERICA!'".
* '''Deconstructed''': Norman has a disorder that forces him to repeat "Oh mam!" endlessly.
* '''Reconstructed''': Norman does not have a disorder, he just likes saying it.
[[FirstNameUltimatum NORMAN!]] Go back to CatchPhrase!
-> '''Norman:''' Oh mam!
%% Optional items, added after Conversed, at your discretion:
%%* '''Implied''': ???
%%* '''Plotted A Good Waste''': ???
%%* '''Played For Laughs''': ???
%%* '''Played For Drama''': ???