'''Basic Trope''': A character wants to get a part in a [[ShowWithinAShow TV show/movie/play]] and must have sex with a producer or casting director to do so.
* '''Straight''': Alice is auditioning for the lead role in a play, and is told she must have sex with the director, Bob.
** [[SexualExtortion If she refuses]], not only will she not get the part, she will be blacklisted and basically unable to pursue her [[LifelongDream acting career]].
** In order to get in the play, Alice has to sleep with the entire cast and crew.
** Bob asks only to see Alice nude before he casts her.
** Alice gets the part first, but Bob harasses her.
* '''Justified''': Alice is auditioning for a role in the adult entertainment industry.
** Bob must have sex with Alice if he wants her to be part of the cast.
** If Alice sleeps with Bob, she will not get the role she wants (e.g. a SecretTestOfCharacter).
** Taking it a step further, Alice makes one too many unwanted advances towards Bob, and is told that if she doesn't knock it off, they'll kick her off the project.
** Alice refuses to have sex with Bob.
** Bob ''does'' make a pass at Alice, but he still gives her the part when she refuses.
* '''Double Subverted''': Because of her refusal, Alice is cast as an extra instead of the lead, or cut from the cast entirely.
** All the female characters form a harem for Bob.
** Every place Alice looks for acting work has this as a stipulation.
* '''Zig Zagged''': ???
* '''Averted''': Sexual favors of any kind do not factor into Alice getting the role.
* '''Enforced''': ???
* '''Lampshaded''': "If you want this role, you must do one thing: sleep with me, right here and now."
* '''Invoked''': Bob gets a RagingStiffie for Alice and tells her she'll get the role she wants, in order to make her more willing to sleep with him.
* '''Exploited''': ???
** Bob feels this is wrong and doesn't do this.
** Or, Alice refuses and goes looking for acting work elsewhere.
* '''Discussed''': "So, I heard Alice slept with Bob to get the role..."
* '''Conversed''': "[[AndThatsTerrible Ugh, disgusting.]] Whatever happened to casting people based on their acting talent, rather than their talent in bed?"
* '''Deconstructed''': Because this involves SexualExtortion (i.e. blackmailing someone into sex), this technically counts as [[SexualHarassmentAndRapeTropes rape]].
* '''Reconstructed''': Alice goes to find work elsewhere. It may not be easy, but she won't be reduced to what's basically a whitewashed prostitute for it.
* '''Played For Laughs''': Alice is ''very'' HollywoodHomely.
* '''Played For Drama''': Alice must choose between her dignity and her career.
Back to CastingCouch
%% Optional items, added after Conversed, at your discretion:
%%* '''Implied''': ???
%%* '''Plotted A Good Waste''': ???