'''Basic Trope''': Stating the obvious.
* '''Straight''': Bob always states the obvious.
* '''Exaggerated''': ''Everything'' Bob says is ''so freakin' obvious'' that ''everyone'' should know it.
* '''Downplayed''': While exploring a mysterious place, Bob comments on something that may be obvious to us, but is more than it meets the eye.
** Bob is such a [[TheDitz ditz]] that he can only state, well, the obvious.
** Alternately, Bob is a robot and was not programmed with an understanding of "obviousness", so he states the obvious without realizing it.
** Bob points out the obvious to emphasise something.
** Bob has been cursed to make only statements that are obvious to everyone.
** Bob is in shock.
* '''Inverted''': Bob always states BlatantLies.
* '''Subverted''': Bob is watching the Super Bowl on TV with HeterosexualLifePartner Charlie. Bob says "I am ''not'' watching the Super Bowl." Charlie is amused.
* '''Double Subverted''': Bob says "I am not watching the Super Bowl; [[TheTreacheryOfImages I am watching a TV displaying the Super Bowl]]."
* '''Parodied''': Bob is literally a superhero called Captain Obvious whose only superpower is to point out the glaringly obvious.
* '''Zig Zagged''': Bob states the obvious to TheDitz Alice, who actually needs it to be stated to her, but when he's with more intelligent people he doesn't.
* '''Averted''': Nothing obvious is stated.
* '''Enforced''': ViewersAreMorons
* '''Lampshaded''': "[[SarcasmMode Thanks Bob! I really learned something!]]"
* '''Invoked''': Bob is actually very perceptive, but uses the obvious statements as part of his ObfuscatingStupidity.
* '''Exploited''': Bob uses obvious statements to hide not very obvious ones, when the latter should not be known to everyone else.
* '''Defied''': Bob begins with "You know..." but Alice cuts him off and [[ArmorPiercingQuestion asks if he's actually pointing out something the others can't see]]. He apologizes and shuts up.
* '''Discussed''': ???
* '''Conversed''': ???
This link goes back to CaptainObvious!