'''Basic Trope''': Video game camera is not helpful at all.
* '''Straight''': The camera in ''The Legend Of [=JohnJohn=] 3D'' often gets in the way, gets stuck between obstacles and points at the way it's not helpful at all.
* '''Exaggerated''': The camera angles in ''The Legend Of [=JohnJohn=] 3D'' point in the most unhelpful directions very often, like straight to the sky from below or obstacles get between [=JohnJohn=] and the camera and there's no way to adjust it so the game is rendered almost unplayable.
* '''Downplayed''': The camera in ''The Legend Of [=JohnJohn=]'' is odd, and it will often lag behind when moving around or tilt, however you can often see what you are doing.
** The game has an option to set the camera to be very unhelpful which yields the player higher points.
** ''The Legend Of [=JohnJohn=] 3D'' is a survival horror game, the angles are intentionally awkward to maximize the surprises.
** he camera always shows you the best angle, but all the other mechanics are hopelessly broken.
** The camera works fine... but the world is a fine example of AlienGeometry.
* '''Subverted''': A new patch came for the Legend of [=JohnJohn=] 3D which fixes the camera errors.
* '''Double Subverted''': ...But also creates other errors, i.e. the way 3D objects are rendered. The player never gets to see the world in a right way.
** The camera ''intentionally'' tries to screw you up.
** The FinalBoss of [=JohnJohn=] 3D is presented as your worst and deathliest enemy, the bane of your existence, and someone who just plain hates your guts. Turns out it is the InUniverseCamera-man.
* '''Zig Zagged''': Sometimes the camera behaves, and sometimes it doesn't. A good example of this would be how the camera behaves in ''VideoGame/SonicHeroes''.
* '''Averted''': The camera in ''The Legend of [=JohnJohn=] 3D'' works pretty much fine.
* '''Enforced''': Developers didn't have time to polish the game and fix the camera errors.
* '''Lampshaded''': [=JohnJohn=] stares at the player and shouts "Stop it, Mr. Camera. You're not helping at all"
* '''Invoked''': ???
* '''Exploited''': AI knows when the camera is not panning on them and enemies attack at that very moment.
* '''Defied''': One of the features in [=JohnJohn=] 3D is an especially useful, intuitive and helpful camera system that can guess what the player is trying to do with good success, or be controlled if the player wants it to behave differently.
* '''Discussed''': "Even if God is watching us all the time, how do we know he can see everything clearly?"
* '''Conversed''': "I hate the camera angles in this game."
* '''Deconstructed''': The bad camera leads to the game being critically panned and disliked by gamers, resulting in poor sales.
* '''Reconstructed''': People find that the bad camera adds a level of challenge that has been missing.
* '''Plotted A Good Waste''': Developers put [[GoddamnedBats certain types of enemies]] in the game who have a special ability to make the camera constantly be in unhelpful places.
* '''Played For Drama''': Camera in ''The Legend of [=JohnJohn?=]'' is actually an antagonist. [=JohnJohn=] has to find a way for the camera to stand still so he could fix the camera.
Back to CameraScrew
%% Optional items, added after Conversed, at your discretion:
%%* '''Implied''': ???
%%* '''Played For Laughs''': ???