'''Basic Trope''': A character tries to escape from his misdeed by paying the victims.
* '''Straight''': John kills Jack and throws his widow and children some money.
* '''Exaggerated''': John budgets money for widows and orphans and throws fits when any of them repulse it.
* '''Downplayed''': John beats Jack up and pays his medical bill.
* '''Justified''': Poor people will have a serious difficulty doing anything to people as powerful as John, and he can delude himself about the value of the money.
** John robs the widow and children, figuring he's already evil.
** Jack's widow demands that John pay for his crime... preferably in small, unmarked bills.
* '''Subverted''': John genuinely had to kill Jack, and gave the money out of pity.
* '''Double Subverted''': It was self-defense, but only because he had driven Jack out of his head with previous cruelties.
* '''Parodied''': John robs a bank and then pays off the cops that show up with the money he just stole from it.
* '''Zig Zagged''': ???
* '''Averted''': John kills Jack.
* '''Enforced''': ???
* '''Lampshaded''': ???
* '''Invoked''': ???
* '''Exploited''': ???
* '''Defied''': John carries nothing of value on his person so that he isn't tempted to pay off his victims.
* '''Discussed''': ???
* '''Conversed''': ???
** The widow and children are further insulted by his attempts to pay them off with such a shallow gesture and seek to exact revenge for the crime and his dismissal of their grief.
** John is a broken and tragic individual who genuinely can only see value in terms of money, and absoulely nothing else.
* '''Reconstructed''': John offers them such an impressive bribe that it derails their revenge.
Sorry I killed your father. Here, take this link back to BuyThemOff, and forget about this, alright?
%% Optional items, added after Conversed, at your discretion:
%%* '''Implied''': ???
%%* '''Plotted A Good Waste''': ???
%%* '''Played For Laughs''': ???
%%* '''Played For Drama''': ???